The Government of India and the state government of Karnataka jointly undertook the Bhoomi land record project to digitise land records and ease land registry control in the state. It was introduced in the year 2000 and utilises advanced technology for proper maintenance of land records through Records of Rights (RTCs), Tenancy and Crop Information.
Bhoomi offices in Karnataka are presently set up in over 6,000 Gram Panchayats and 175 Taluks across the states. State residents can apply for ownerships of RTCs or make amends to them via these offices.
Benefits of the Bhoomi portal for farmers
The Bhoomi land records portal benefits state farmers in ways given below.
- They can easily access copies of their land records to apply for loans.
- Crop data available through RTC helps insure crops and make insurance claims.
- Farmers can access their Bhoomi RTC copies via submission of details like landowner’s name, plot number allotted, etc.
- They can utilise mutation request and adjust records during inheritance or sale of land.
- The portal also helps them check their mutation request application status.
- Farmers can easily access their Bhoomi online land records during land disputes.
What are the services provided on the Bhoomi portal?
The Karnataka government offers the following services through this web portal.
- Maintaining i-records of RTC
- RTC online information
- RTC verification through XML
- Kodagu Disaster rescue
- Mutation registration/ status/ extract
- Revenue maps
- Citizen registration
- Citizen login
- List of new Taluks
- Registration of cases of dispute
How to register for Bhoomi online?
As a new user, you can register on the Bhoomi land records portal conveniently by following these easy steps.
- Step 1 – Visit Bhoomi’s official login page.
- Step 2 – Next, click on ‘Create Account’. It will redirect you to a new sign-up page.
- Step 3 – Enter personal details like Aadhaar number, contact number, address, etc., and verify with a captcha code.
- Step 4 – Click on the ‘Sign-up/ Submit’ button.
Access your account upon successful submission of these details.
How to check Bhoomi RTC online?
After registration, you can check for RTC through the Bhoomi portal by following these simple steps.
- Step 1 – Log in to the Bhoomi portal.
- Step 2 – Click on ‘View RTC and MR’.
- Step 3 – Next, enter all the required details.
- Step 4 – Click on ‘Fetch Details’.
View the RTC details on your screen.
How to get Bhoomi online RTC on the portal?
To avail Karnataka RTC through this portal, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website for Bhoomi land records.
- Under its ‘Services’ tab, click on ‘i-RTC’. It redirects to the homepage of ‘i-Wallet Services’.
- Enter all required details like user ID, password, and captcha, and click on ‘Login’ for redirection to the portal of online RTC Bhoomi records.
- On this page, select options like ‘Old year’ or ‘Current year’ alongside District, Village, Hobli, Taluk and survey number.
- Click on ‘Fetch Details’ to access RTC records.
How to view Karnataka land record online?
You can access your land record in Karnataka online by following these steps.
- Step 1 – Visit the official portal of Bhoomi land records.
- Step 2 – Next, click on ‘View RTC and MR’.
- Step 3 – On the redirected page, fill up all required information.
- Step 4 – Click on ‘Fetch Details’ to access Bhoomi land records Karnataka instantly.
What is the Bhoomi Karnataka land registration process?
Follow the steps given below to register your land under Bhoomi Karnataka.
- Keep all the necessary documents handy along with the required stamp paper before starting.
- Submit these documents to your jurisdiction’s sub-registrar.
- After document verification, pay a stipulated fee for land registration and obtain a receipt.
- Also, submit photographs taken on the spot.
- Next, both the buyer and seller of the concerned land need to give verbal consent in the presence of a witness.
- Following this, the land documents are considered registered, followed by a number allotment.
After completing this process, inform the concerned Patwari of this sale, who then makes an entry in the Record of Rights, also known as a Jamabandi register.
How to extract a mutation report from the Bhoomi portal?
Users of the Bhoomi online RTC portal can extract mutation reports from the website by following the process below.
- Visit the official website and click on the option marked ‘View RTC and MR’.
- Under it, click on ‘Mutation Report’.
- Enter details like name of the district, village, Hobli, survey number, Hissa number, Surnoc number, and such.
- Next, click on ‘Fetch Details’ to extract the mutation report.
How to view Bhoomi dispute case reports online?
As a landowner, you can also look up any dispute cases made against your land via e-Bhoomi records. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Step 1 – Visit the homepage for ‘Bhoomi Dispute Case Reports’.
- Step 2 – Click on the option ‘Get Reports’ after entering details like Taluk and District to fetch the dispute records via Bhoomi reports.
Documents, fees and charges applicable on Bhoomi Karnataka
You need to pay the following stipulated charges to avail services and documents under Bhoomi Karnataka.
- RTC Bhoomi – Rs. 10
- Tippan – Rs. 15
- Mutation report – Rs. 15
- Mutation status – Rs. 15
Apart from accessing land records easily, you can also use the Bhoomi online Parihara services and avail direct benefit transfer with an Aadhaar-linked payment service.
Frequently asked questions
What is a revenue map?
Revenue maps under Bhoomi land records contain details like the division and area of the land in question.
What is the mutation of property?
Mutation of property implies the transfer of ownership of a property from an existing owner to a new one by way of sale, inheritance, partition, gift, deed, and more.
What is Bhoomi RTC?
Bhoomi RTC refers to the Record of Rights, Tenancy and Crop Information in the state of Karnataka.
How to check a mutation report status?
Follow the steps given below to check mutation report status:
- Visit the Bhoomi portal homepage and under ‘Services’, select ‘View RTC and MR’.
- Next, select ‘Mutation Services’ to navigate to ‘Bhoomi Online Mutation Status’.
- Enter details like district, Hobli, Taluk, Hissa number, Surnoc number, survey number, and more as required.
- Click on ‘Fetch Details’ to view the mutation report status.
How to get revenue maps for your land online?
Get revenue maps by following these simple steps.
- Visit Bhoomi’s online portal and click on ‘Revenue Maps’ under ‘Services’.
- Enter details like district, Hobli, Taluk, map type and click on ‘Search’.
- Click on the PDF icon next to the list of villages to access your revenue map.