Eligibility criteria and documents required
You can apply for our loan against insurance policies online if you meet the basic criteria mentioned below*. After meeting the criteria, you will need a set of documents to complete your application process.
- Age: 18 to 90 years
- Minimum surrender value of policy: Rs. 30,000
- Employment: salaried or self-employed
- Must have an active ULIP policy of either Bajaj Allianz Life, ICICI Pru, Max Life, TATA AIA, or Aviva India
- Nationality: Indian
- Aadhaar card/ passport/ voter’s ID as address proof
- PAN card
- Insurance policy document
- Bank account statement/ copy of a cheque as bank account proof
- Any other document as may be required by Bajaj Finance Ltd.
Frequently asked questions
If you need some financial help and looking for availing a loan, you can get a loan against your insurance policy. In this case, your insurance policy acts as the collateral against the loan amount.
The eligibility criteria for taking a loan against your insurance policy is relaxed compared to other types of loan. It depends on the type of insurance policy you own and whether it is approved for loan by the lender. Unit-linked plans, endowment plans, and money-back plans are some of the life insurance plans against which the loan can be availed.
A processing fee up to 36% per annum (inclusive of applicable taxes) of the loan amount or up to Rs. 10,000 (inclusive of applicable taxes).
- If the policy is in a lock-in period, a bullet interest payment will be made on completion of the policy lock-in period. A bullet repayment is a lump sum payment made for the entire outstanding dues under the loan.
- If the policy is out of the lock-in period, the interest is calculated and payable monthly.
In case of lock-in policies, compounding interest is to be charged.
In case of lock-in free policies, simple interest to be charged.
It takes approximately 24 hours to process a loan against an insurance policy. This is subject to the submission of all required documents.
You need to present the following documents to avail of a loan against an insurance policy:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card/ passport/ voter’s ID for address proof
- Valid insurance policy document
- Bank proof, such as bank account statement or cheque copy
No, you cannot convert the principal amount to EMIs.
Yes, there is an option for partial withdrawal during the subsistence of the loan. However, it is strictly subject to successful verification by the lender. Bajaj Finance holds the right to deny partial withdrawal requests at its sole discretion.
Yes, a policyholder with multiple ULIP policies can avail loan against all policies in one go. This is subject to the assignment of all the policies in favour of Bajaj Finance.
The policy has to be assigned in favour of Bajaj Finance Limited.
You can call the customer centre at 1800-123-2557 or write to us at Laip.firstname.lastname@example.org for any loan against insurance policy-related service requests.
All loans are processed by Bajaj Finance Limited.
In case the loan is availed, the policy will be assigned in favour of Bajaj Finance. There are two ways of closing the loan –
- You can repay the total outstanding in Bajaj Finance Limited designated bank account. Post receipt of payment, loan account shall be closed and policy will be assigned back to you.
- You can repay via surrendering the policy. Basis you request insurance company will surrender the policy and the surrender value will be transferred to Bajaj Finance limited. Bajaj Finance will adjust the loan amount, refund the surplus (if any) to you and close the loan account.
Policy surrender will be at the discretion of the lender only.
Any intimation regarding premium payments is sent directly to the client by the insurance company.