Fraud Awareness Message
Caution notice against fake loan offers in the name of Bajaj Finance Limited
It has come to our notice that some people with fraudulent intent have created fake email IDs as well as fake domain names/ website links which may appear confusingly similar or identical with Bajaj Finance Limited or Bajaj Finserv Limited and its Group Companies. We also note that fraudsters have unfortunately defrauded few prospective customers by luring them with false promises.
General public and prospective customers are hereby advised that:
- To exercise caution against fraudsters who may use fake email IDs, domains, websites, telephones and advertisements in newspapers/ magazines, etc. by impersonating themselves to be from Bajaj Finance Limited and/ or its Group Companies and claim to be offering loans at lower rates of interest, collect customer account details, ask for advance money to process loans, etc.
- Bajaj Finance Limited has a thorough process for reviewing any prospective loan applications and follows all regulatory guidelines in its processes. Bajaj Finance/ Bajaj Finserv or its Group Companies or any of its representatives will NOT call for any advance payment of money from any of its prospects/ customers, prior to sanctioning the loan.
- Bajaj Finance Limited/ Bajaj Finserv Limited’s email ID contain “bajajfinserv.in” and does not contain any other domain name such as Gmail/ Yahoo/ Rediff etc. or in any other form.
- To exercise caution against fraudsters luring you with fictitious offers by calling you over phone and styling themselves to be employee/ representative of Bajaj Finance Limited and/ or its Group Companies;
- Bajaj Finance Limited representatives would never ask you to download any mobile application from the Play Store, other than the legitimate Bajaj Finance app. Please do not download any application like AnyDesk, TeamViewer, QuickSupport, etc. on the behest of third parties over a call or in person.
- Do not transfer any money or acknowledge a collect request on any UPI-payment mobile application for loan processing fee/GST/advance fee, etc., which can debit money from your account and credit it to the third party’s account, who may not be related to Bajaj Finance Limited.
- Do not rely on unauthorized webpages for Bajaj Finance Limited contact details, which may in turn lead you to the fraudster. For any information and contact details of Bajaj Finance Limited offices, please visit our website.
We therefore advise prospective customers and public at large to exercise utmost care, caution and diligence by verifying the veracity of such claims from the Company’s website or by approaching the nearest branch before dealing with such fraudsters and responding/ accessing any fraudulent advertisements, telephone calls, emails and websites to protect themselves against any fraud and criminal acts of the perpetrators.
General Public and prospective customers are also advised to immediately report any suspicious incident and/or incident of defrauding of money as a result of these fraudulent acts and practices to the authorities in their jurisdiction, i.e. the Police and the Telecommunications regulator, including the Cyber Crime Cell. These incidents can also be referred to Bajaj Finance Limited for appropriate action at our end.
Please note that any person dealing with such fraudsters will be dealing at his/ her own risk and responsibility. Bajaj Finance Limited and/ or any of its Group Company will not be responsible for any loss suffered or otherwise in this respect.
Issued in the interest of General Public.
Date: 3rd January 2017