Recharge and Pay Bills
Electricity bill payment online
Electricity bills are issued monthly by the state or private-owned electricity boards to their customers. You need to pay your ‘Bijli bills’ on or before the due date to ensure you have access to uninterrupted power supply. Electricity bill payments used to be cumbersome and tedious back when you had to visit the distributor's nearest office. However, online electricity bill payments have made the process simple and convenient. At Bajaj Finserv, you can avail of the BBPS facility to pay light bills at no extra cost, quickly and safely.
The Bajaj Finserv BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) facilitates online transactions, allowing you to pay your utility bills seamlessly. Bajaj Finserv offers the BBPS platform, and you can choose your preferred payment mode while making the payment. Furthermore, the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform is safe and secure, and safeguards your personal information. Bajaj Finserv also helps you score discounts and cashback on paying your light bills through its BBPS facility.
Benefits of making electricity bill payment on Bajaj Finserv
When paying for your electricity bill online through the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform, you can avail of the following benefits:
- Ease of payment
can complete the electricity bill online at any time from the comfort of your home before the due date.
- Multiple payment methods
BBPS allows you to use credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI, or e-wallets to make transactions incredibly convenient.
- Safe and secure
Bajaj Finserv provides a safe and secure payment platform. Your payment details are secure with the platform’s robust security measures.
- Instant billing receipts
When you pay a bijli bill online, you will receive instant transaction IDs and billing receipts. It ensures better transparency and reliability.
Fee and charges
A convenience fee of up to 2% will be charged depending on the transaction amount and payment mode (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
- Ease of payment
Steps to pay electricity bill online on the Bajaj Finserv app
You can pay your electricity bill online using the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform by following these steps:
- Download the Bajaj Finserv app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Login through the email ID registered with your mobile
- Click on ‘INSTALL’
- Open the app on your mobile phone
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number to 'GENERATE OTP'
- Enter the OTP and click on 'PROCEED'
- Under the ‘BILLS AND RECHARGES' section, tap on 'ELECTRICITY'
- Choose your electricity provider from the drop-down menu
- Enter your customer ID and tap on ‘FETCH YOUR BILL’
- Choose your preferred payment mode and complete the payment
Steps to pay electricity bill online on the Bajaj Finserv website
Here is how you can pay your bijli bill on the Bajaj Finserv website:
- Visit the Bajaj Finserv website or click on https://www.bajajfinserv.in/
- Go to the ‘BILLS AND RECHARGES’ under the ‘PAYMENTS’ section
- Click on ‘ELECTRICITY BILL PAYMENT’
- Select the electricity board from the drop-down menu
- Enter your ‘CUSTOMER ID’ and click on ‘FETCH BILL’
- Select a payment method from the list of available payment options such as credit card, debit card, UPI, e-wallets, and net banking
- After choosing your preferred payment mode, enter the requested payment details
Check the details you entered and click on 'PAY NOW’
Electricity billers across India
What is electricity subsidy in India
Subsidy refers to the waiver that a government provides on any service used by the citizens. The household electricity subsidy average ranges from slightly above Rs. 1,000 per year for individuals using up to 100 units per month to exceeding Rs. 9,000 per year for those consuming 300-400 units per month.
How can I get the K number or consumer number of any electricity board
The K number or consumer number is the unique identification number assigned to every connection by the electricity board. This number is used to document the details like electricity bills, account details, bill payment history, customer support, etc. You can easily find this number on your light bill.
Frequently asked questions
You can find your light bill consumer number on your physical bill or e-bill received on your SMS or email. You can also contact your provider’s customer support to get your consumer number.
You can calculate your bijli bill from your meter by multiplying the units consumed for that month (meter reading) by the unit rate charged by your provider.
Reach about to the concerned electricity board to raise a complaint. If the issue is not resolved, then you can raise a complaint in consumer forum.