HDFC FASTag recharge on Bajaj Finserv
FASTags have revolutionized the Indian road travel experience as vehicles no longer need to queue up at toll booths to pay taxes. With FASTag stickers provided by different banks fixed on the four-wheeler’s windscreen, money gets automatically deducted from a linked prepaid account. If you own an HDFC FASTag to make cashless transactions, you can recharge it through Bajaj Finserv’s BBPS platform. HDFC FASTag recharge through the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is quick and smooth. You can recharge FASTag account online from anywhere and ensure that you save both time and fuel while travelling.
Popular FASTag recharge from other banks
Features and benefits using Bajaj Finserv app for HDFC FASTag recharge
The benefits of recharging HDFC FASTag online via the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform include the following:
Quick and hassle-free
With Bajaj Finserv's BBPS platform, you can recharge your HDFC FASTag quickly and effortlessly.
Safe and secure
Bajaj Finserv provides a safe and secure payment platform on BBPS. Your payment details are secure with the platform’s robust security measures.
Multiple payment options
Bajaj Finserv offers multiple payment options, including debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI. This allows you to choose the payment method that suits you best.
After making the payment, the platform immediately confirms the payment through an email and SMS.
What are the Benefits of HDFC Bank FASTag Recharge at Bajaj Finserv?
You can enjoy several benefits while recharging HDFC FASTag through the BBPS platform. Here are the advantages of utilising the BBPS ecosystem for FASTag recharge.
- One Time Payment
Once you pay and recharge your HDFC FASTag wallet through the BBPS platform, you can travel without any stress. You do not need to stop at every toll booth and make payments in cash.
- Time Saving
Online recharge saves you precious time, as queuing up at toll plazas can be time-consuming. You can reach your destination on time and not suffer due to an outdated tax collection system.
- Quick FASTag Online Recharge
You can recharge HDFC FASTag within a few minutes by following a few simple steps. The instant payment, free from technical glitches, enhances the user experience, and you receive a digital receipt immediately.
- Offers & Discounts
Recharging HDFC FASTag through Bajaj Finserv’s BBPS platform may also reward you with discounts and other offers.
Documents required to get HDFC bank FASTag
While applying for HDFC FASTag, you need to submit a few documents to the bank. These documents include:
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport)
- Address proof (Electricity Bill, Passport, Driver’s license)
- Registration Copy of the vehicle
- Applicant’s photograph
How to make HDFC FASTag recharge on Bajaj Finserv
To make the HDFC FASTag recharge online on Bajaj Finserv, you must carry out the following steps:
- 1 Download the Bajaj Finserv app from the Google Play Store or App Store and install it on your device
- 2 Open the app, log in, or register if you are a new user
- 3 Go to ‘BILLS AND RECHARGES’ and select ‘FASTAG RECHARGE’
- 4 Choose ‘HDFC BANK - FASTAG’ as your issuer
- 5 Enter your vehicle number and click on ‘PROCEED’
- 6 Select a payment method from the list of available payment options such as credit cards, debit cards, and net banking
- 7 After choosing your preferred payment mode, enter the requested payment details
- 8 Check the details you entered and click on 'PAY NOW’
You will receive a notification from Bajaj Finserv after a successful payment.
Fees and charges
A convenience fee of up to 2% will be charged depending on the transaction amount and payment mode (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
Frequently asked questions
You can check your HDFC FASTag balance by giving a missed call from your registered mobile number on 7208053999. You can also dial the toll-free customer care number 18001201243 to know your FASTag balance.
No, FASTag is not free in HDFC bank, and you need to pay a nominal joining fee to get the service for your vehicle.
You can get an HDFC FASTag sticker by following these steps.
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank
- On the homepage, go to the ‘Pay’ section
- Click on FASTag-Toll Payment, and a new tab will open
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ on the new page
- Enter your mobile number and PAN Card number, and click on ‘Submit’
- Fill in the OTP sent to your mobile number
- Fill up the form with personal details and vehicle information
- Upload the documents as required and make the payment
- You will get your HDFC FASTag after the verification of the documents
You can check your HDFC FASTag balance through HDFC Bank’s digital portal with the help of your 14-digit Wallet ID.
To get an HDFC FASTag, you need to pay a joining fee (Rs. 100+ taxes) and a security deposit (refundable). Furthermore, you need to maintain a minimum balance in your FASTag wallet, and this threshold varies for different kinds of vehicles.
The minimum balance for HDFC FASTag varies from one vehicle type to another. It is zero for a car, jeep or any other light vehicle. For light commercial vehicles, the balance needs to be Rs. 200. For other heavy vehicles like trucks, buses, tractors etc., Rs. 500 is the minimum balance required.
HDFC bank issues FASTag in association with National Electronic Toll Collections to all vehicles, commercial or non-commercial. These FASTag stickers come with a five-year validity and allow automatic toll payments.