Recharge and Pay Bills
About HDFC Bank FASTag recharge on Bajaj Finserv
HDFC Bank, one of the leading banks in India, has partnered with the NETC program to offer FASTag to its customers. You can apply for HDFC Bank FASTag online or offline by submitting the required documents. Once you have a FASTag, you can recharge it online through HDFC Bank's website or mobile app.
The Bajaj Finserv Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an integrated payment system offering accessible and convenient bill payment services to customers. The National Payments Corporation of India operates the platform to ensure easy, safe, and instant payments through smart devices.
Recharging your HDFC Bank FASTag online has now become simple and hassle-free with Bajaj Finserv. The BBPS platform on Bajaj Finserv website or app is a secure and reliable way of making FASTag recharges online. You can pay using multiple payment modes such as credit card, debit card, UPI, net banking, and Bajaj Pay Wallet on Bajaj Finserv.
Popular FASTag recharges from other banks
Bajaj Finserv BBPS is one such online platform where you can recharge your FASTag seamlessly. Apart from HDFC bank FASTag, you can recharge for other banks FASTag like Kotak FASTag | IndusInd FASTag | ICICI FASTag | Airtel FASTag | Axis FASTag | BOB FASTag | SBI FASTag | IDFC Fastag.
Features and benefits of using Bajaj Finserv for HDFC Bank FASTag recharge
The benefits of recharging HDFC Bank FASTag online via the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform include the following:
Quick and hassle-free
With the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform, you can recharge your HDFC Bank FASTag quickly and effortlessly.
Safe and secure
Bajaj Finserv provides a safe and secure payment platform on BBPS. Your payment details are secure with the platform’s robust security measures.
Multiple payment options
Bajaj Finserv offers multiple payment options, including debit card, credit card, net banking, and UPI. This allows you to choose the payment method that suits you best.
After making the payment, the platform immediately confirms the payment through an email and SMS.
Fees and charges
A convenience fee of up to 2% will be charged depending on the transaction amount and payment mode (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
What are the documents required to get an HDFC Bank FASTag
While applying for the HDFC Bank FASTag, you need to submit a few documents to the bank. These documents include:
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Passport)
- Address proof (Electricity bill, Passport, Driver’s license)
- Registration copy of the vehicle
- Applicant’s photograph
HDFC Bank FASTag minimum balance and security deposit
The security deposit and minimum balance for HDFC bank FASTag for different class of vehicles are shown below:
NPCI vehicle class
Car/ Jeep/ Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle
Light commercial vehicle 2-axle
Bus 2-axle / mini bus, truck 2-axle
Tractor/ tractor with trailer, truck 4, 5 and 6-axle
Truck 7-axle and above
Earth moving/ heavy construction machinery
How to get the HDFC FASTag for your car
- Visit the HDFC Bank FASTag site
- Login using your bank account number or Customer ID
- Continue by selecting first-time users
- Fill up the required details of your car
- Make the payment
Your HDFC Bank FASTag will be delivered to the registered address.
How to do a HDFC Bank FASTag recharge on Bajaj Finserv
To do a HDFC Bank FASTag recharge online on Bajaj Finserv, you must carry out the following steps:
- Download the Bajaj Finserv app from the Google Play Store or App Store and install it on your device
- Open the app, log in, or register if you are a new user
- Go to ‘BILLS AND RECHARGES’ and select ‘FASTAG RECHARGE’
- Choose your FASTag issuer
- Enter your vehicle number and click on ‘PROCEED’
- Select a payment method from the list of available payment options such as credit cards, debit cards, and net banking
- After choosing your preferred payment mode, enter the requested payment details
- Check the details you entered and click on 'PAY NOW’
You will receive a notification from Bajaj Finserv after successful payment.
Frequently asked questions
You can check your HDFC FASTag balance by giving a missed call from your registered mobile number on 7208053999. You can also dial the toll-free customer care number 18001201243 to know your FASTag balance.
No, FASTag is not free with HDFC Bank, and you need to pay a nominal joining fee to get the service for your vehicle.
You can get an HDFC FASTag sticker by following these steps.
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank
- On the homepage, go to the ‘Pay’ section
- Click on FASTag-Toll Payment, and a new tab will open
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ on the new page
- Enter your mobile number and PAN Card number, and click on ‘Submit’
- Fill in the OTP sent to your mobile number
- Fill up the form with personal details and vehicle information
- Upload the documents as required and make the payment
- You will get your HDFC FASTag after the verification of the documents
You can check your HDFC FASTag balance through HDFC Bank’s digital portal with the help of your 14-digit Wallet ID.
To get an HDFC FASTag, you need to pay a joining fee (Rs. 100+ taxes) and a security deposit (refundable). Furthermore, you need to maintain a minimum balance in your FASTag wallet, and this threshold varies for different kinds of vehicles.
The minimum balance for HDFC FASTag varies from one vehicle type to another. It is zero for a car, jeep or any other light vehicle. For light commercial vehicles, the balance needs to be Rs. 200. For other heavy vehicles like trucks, buses, tractors etc., Rs. 500 is the minimum balance required.
HDFC bank issues FASTag in association with the National Electronic Toll Collections to all vehicles, commercial or non-commercial. These FASTag stickers come with a five-year validity and allow automatic toll payments.
A FASTag gets blacklisted when you pass through the toll booth without having a sufficient balance in your HDFC FASTag wallet. However, once you recharge your FASTag wallet, it will function again.