Checking one’s electricity bill and paying it has become convenient, largely owing to the Digital India initiative. Earlier, you needed to wait for the physical receipt to check the bill amount. However, now, you can check your light bill online from the comfort of your home. Moreover, you do not have to stand in long queues at your electricity distributor’s office to pay the bill. You can clear your dues online from anywhere within a few minutes, and all you require is a stable internet connection and basic information.
Information needed for electricity bill check
Before checking your light bill online, you need to know a few important details. You require the name of your electricity distributor and Customer ID to check the electricity bill payment amount. Then, you can proceed to pay the bill online without experiencing any delays or inconvenience.
How to pay electricity bill Online through BBPS Platform
You can pay your electricity bill online through Bajaj Finserv’s BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) platform in a few simple steps.
- Go to Bajaj Finserv’s BBPS login page
- Enter your name as mentioned on your PAN card
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number
- Click on ‘Submit OTP’
- On the Bills and Recharge homepage, go to the ‘Utilities and Bills’ section
- Click on the Electricity icon
- Choose your electricity distributor from the drop-down menu
- Enter your Customer ID and click on ‘Proceed’
- Pay the given amount using your credit card, debit card, net banking or UPI ID.
What are the Benefits of Bharat Bill Payment Systems
You can enjoy several benefits when you pay your electricity bill online through the BBPS platform. Here’s what is in store for you if you use this digital payment platform.
- No processing fees or hidden charges: Bajaj Finserv does not levy any processing fees or hidden charges for using its payment platform.
- Quick transaction: You can check the electricity bill online and complete the payment within a few minutes. Moreover, you will receive your confirmation slip or digital payment receipt instantly.
- Safe platform: The BBPS platform is a safe and secure ecosystem, protecting your privacy. You don’t have to worry about your personal information falling into the wrong hands.
- Multiple payment modes: You can choose your preferred payment mode as Bajaj Finserv accepts payments through credit cards, debit cards, net banking and UPI ID.
Other Ways of Checking Electricity Bill Amount Online
You can also check your electricity bill online by visiting your distributor’s official website. The steps may vary from one electricity board to another, but here’s what you need to do in general.
- Visit the official website of your electricity board
- Log in to your account using your credentials
- Click on ‘View Bill’
- Enter your Customer ID and choose the month
- Solve the captcha and click on ‘Submit’
- You will get your bill on the screen
- Download it for future reference
You can check your light bill online and pay it swiftly on Bajaj Finserv’s BBPS platform. You only need to know your Customer ID to make the payment. Once you log in to the BBPS platform using your credentials, you can view a sample bill offered by your distributor in case of confusion.
The Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is a one-stop destination for recharging various services and clearing your dues. Bajaj Finserv offers this safe and secure platform free of cost while ensuring your privacy.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply