Recharge & pay bills
Piped gas bill payment online on Bajaj Finserv
Piped gas, also known as piped natural gas (PNG), is a type of gas supply system in which natural gas is transported directly to consumers through an underground network of pipelines. This system is used for various applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial purposes. Piped gas systems require specialised infrastructure, including pipelines, pressure regulation stations, and metering equipment.
Paying your piped gas bill is now hassle-free and can be done from anywhere and at any time. Make your piped gas bill payment online using the BBPS platform on Bajaj Finserv. Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an online payment service conceptualised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and is run by the National Payments Corporation of India. It is a simple, secure, and convenient way of paying your bills and making recharges online without leaving the comfort of your home.
Features and benefits of making piped gas payment online on Bajaj Finserv
When paying for your piped gas payment online through the Bajaj Finserv BBPS platform, you can avail of the following benefits:
- Ease of payment
You can complete the piped gas payment online at any time from the comfort of your home before the due date.
- Multiple payment methods
BBPS allows you to use credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI, or e-wallets to make transactions incredibly convenient.
- Safe and secure
Bajaj Finserv provides a safe and secure payment platform. Your payment details are secure with the platform’s robust security measures.
- Instant billing receipts
When you pay piped gas payment online, you will receive instant transaction IDs and billing receipts. It ensures better transparency and reliability.
Fees and charges
A convenience fee of up to 2% will be charged depending on the transaction amount and payment mode (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
- Ease of payment
How to pay piped gas bill online on Bajaj Finserv
You can pay your piped gas bill online on Bajaj Finserv by following these steps:
- Click on 'DOWNLOAD APP' to open the Google Play Store
- Login through the email ID registered with your mobile
- Click on ‘INSTALL’
- Open the app on your mobile phone
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and click on ‘SUBMIT OTP’
- Tap on ‘BILLS AND RECHARGES’
- Select the ‘PIPED GAS’ option present under the ‘UTILITIES AND BILLS’ section
- Choose your biller from the drop-down menu
- Enter the consumer number/consumer ID/BP number as applicable
- Click on ‘PROCEED’
- Pay the piped gas bill using your credit card, debit card, net banking, or UPI ID
Frequently asked questions
The running cost, or the monthly bill, is often cheaper in case of piped gas as compared to LPG cylinders. However, the initial registration and installation charges of gas pipelines are much higher than LPG cylinders.
Bajaj Finserv is one of the safest portals for piped gas bill payment, with its advanced security mechanisms. It ensures safety of your money along with your personal credentials.
To pay your piped gas bill online, head over to the Bajaj Finserv website, click on the BBPS login page and follow these steps:
- Enter your full name and your mobile number
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’ to receive a 6-digit OTP on your phone
- Enter the OTP on the next page
- Click on ‘SUBMIT’ to log in successfully
- Once you have logged in, head over to the ‘Utilities and Bills’ section
- Select ‘PIPED GAS’
- Choose your piped gas operator and enter your CRN number
- Click on ‘PROCEED’
- Your bill will be automatically fetched on the basis of the details you provide
- Select your preferred mode of payment and click on ‘PAY’
- Enter your payment details and complete the payment
You will get a payment confirmation on the screen along with a receipt for the same.
The BP number is a unique 10-digit ‘Business Partner Number’ issued to the customers of piped gas connection. You can use the BP number to view your bill details, raise a complaint, etc.