How to apply for a loan against shares
Frequently asked questions
If you have a minimum of Rs. 50,000 shares in your demat account, you can apply for a loan against shares with Bajaj Finance. Against the shares you can get loan amount ranging from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 5 crore.
You can apply for loan against shares by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button on this page. Fill in your personal details, and the value of your shares. Accordingly verify your details through an OTP.
Corporates/ HUF/ LLP/ Partnership can apply for loan against shares of up to Rs. 1000 crore, by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A loan against shares (LAS) is a type of loan where the customer pledges their shares as collateral to obtain a loan from Bajaj Finance. The process of obtaining a loan against shares typically involves the following steps:
- Evaluation of shares: The lender will evaluate the shares that the borrower wants to pledge as collateral. The lender will consider the value of the shares, the market conditions, and the risks involved.
- Loan amount: Based on the evaluation of the shares, Bajaj Finance will determine the maximum loan amount that can be provided. Bajaj Finance offers loan up to 50% of the market value of the shares.
- Loan terms: The borrower and Bajaj will agree on the terms of the loan, including the interest rate, repayment period, and any other conditions.
- Pledge of shares: The borrower will pledge the shares as collateral with Bajaj FInance, corresponding to which the loan amount will be disbursed to the borrower.
- Repayment: The borrower must repay the loan amount along with the interest within the agreed-upon period. If the borrower fails to repay the loan, Bajaj has the right to sell the pledged shares to recover the loan amount.
In summary, a loan against shares provides a way for borrowers to access funds while still retaining ownership of their securities