Features and benefits of our loan against shares
Features and benefits of a Bajaj Finserv Loan Against Shares
Watch this video for a quick view of the key features of our Loan Against Shares
Pre-assigned loan limit
Get a pre-assigned loan limit of up to Rs. 5 crore with just 3 documents.
1100 + approved shares
With our comprehensive list of 1100 + shares, you can avail loan of up to 50% of your share value. Check the approved list of share.
Continue earning your dividends
You keep earning dividends on your shares while availing loan against it.
Only pay interest on loan amount utilised
Pay interest on the withdrawn loan amount, for the utilised period. You do not need to pay EMI on the total approved loan.
All third party DP shares acceptable
All company’s or DPs(depository participants) DEMAT accounts are acceptable with us.
Extra credit for increased share value
BFL offers loans up to 50% of the value of your shares, where the valuation of your shares is updated every 5 mins. Hence, if the value of your share increases during the tenure of the loan, the eligible pre-assigned loan limit will increase. Similarly in case the value of share falls, the pre-assigned loan limit will reduce proportionally. This would be subject to “Sanction limit” not getting breached.
Swap pledged shares when required
You have the flexibility to swap the pledged shares at any point of time during the tenure.
Dedicated customer portal (My Account)
Download your loan statement, release share and manage your loan online with our customer portal – My Account.
The value of your loan against the pledged shares depends on the market value of your shares. You can pledges your shares as security to us, and in return, BFL provides a loan with a pre-determined interest rate.
Frequently asked questions
A loan against shares is a type of loan offered by banks and financial institutions, where a borrower can pledge their shares as collateral to obtain a loan. Here are some of the features of a loan against shares:
a. Collateral: Loan against shares is a secured loan where shares are used as collateral. The amount of loan depends on the value of the shares pledged.
b. Loan amount: The loan amount is typically a percentage of the market value of the pledged shares. For Bajaj Finance it is 50% of the market value of the shares.
c. Repayment: The borrower can repay the loan amount in EMIs (equated monthly installments), which includes both principal and interest.
d. Prepayment: Bajaj allows the borrower to prepay the loan amount before the due date at Up to 4.72% (Inclusive of applicable taxes) of the principal amount of Loan prepaid on the date of such part Pre-Payment charges.
For loan against shared with Bajaj Finance, you can pledge over 1100 shares from 40+ AMCs.
Click here to check the list of approved shares.
A loan against shares is a type of loan that allows individuals to borrow money by pledging their shares or securities as collateral. Here are some benefits of taking a loan against shares:
- Lower interest rates: Since the loan is secured, lenders usually offer lower interest rates compared to unsecured loans. The interest rates are determined based on the value of the shares, the loan amount, and other factors.
- No need to sell shares: By pledging shares as collateral, the borrower can get access to funds without having to sell their shares. This can be beneficial in case the borrower is holding shares that are expected to appreciate in value.
- Flexible repayment options: The repayment options for loan against shares are usually flexible, allowing borrowers to choose a tenure that suits their needs.
- Interest only on utilised amount: Of the total assigned limit against your shares, the customer has the option to withdraw only the required amount, and interest is paid only on the withdrawn amount.
- Multipurpose use: The funds obtained through a loan against shares can be used for various purposes like funding a business, purchasing a property, financing education, medical expenses, etc.