Cancel your insurance policy
When you choose any insurance policy, a pre-fixed time is provided to you for policy evaluation. This period is called a free look period. It’s usually 15 to 30 days and it starts on the day you receive the insurance policy. This period allows you to evaluate the policy’s terms and conditions and its benefits. If during this period, you decide not to go ahead with the policy, you can cancel it. A refund of your premium shall be processed as per the applicable procedure followed by the insurer.
In case you wish to cancel your insurance policy, you can visit our customer portal – My Account and raise a service request.
Raise a request to cancel your insurance policy
- Click on the ‘Sign-in’ button on this page to go to My Account.
- Enter the registered mobile number and submit the OTP to sign-in.
- Verify your details by entering your date of birth and proceed.
- Select your insurance policy from the ‘My Relations’ section.
- Click on the ‘Cancel Policy’ option in the ‘Quick Actions’ section.
- Select a reason for your cancellation and click on ‘Cancel your Policy’ to proceed.
- Choose ‘Insurance cancellation’ as the ‘Query type’ and ‘Cancel/ Surrender’ as the ‘Sub-query type’.
- Enter the additional details, upload the supporting documents, and submit your request.
Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Cancel your insurance policy’ option to go to our customer portal – My Account. Once signed-in, you can select the insurance policy from ‘My Relations’. Click on the ‘Cancel Policy’ option from the ‘Quick Actions’ and proceed.
Once your request is raised, you’ll receive a call from our representative within 48 business hours who will guide you on further steps.
If your policy is within the free look period and you do not wish to continue with it, you can raise a request to cancel your insurance policy. All you have to do is sign-in to My Account, select your policy from My Relations and proceed with policy cancellation.
Check your insurance policy
Visit our customer portal – My Account to view and update your policy details.