Kisan Credit Card Yojana is a scheme that offers short-term, revolving credit to farmers across India. It was launched in August 1998 in a bid to mitigate any financial shortcoming experienced by farmers during crop cultivation, harvesting, and maintenance of their produce.
There are several Kisan Credit Card benefits and features. Here are some of them:
- Farmers receive an ATM cum credit card that can be used to withdraw cash from ATMs.
- KCC comes with a 12 monthly repayment period, which offers adequate time to pay off any debt.
- The limit for KSS is determined based on the crops cultivated, the scale of finance and maintenance expense. For marginal farmers, a flexible limit of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 50,000 is provided.
- The maximum limit of a Kisan Credit Card can increase every year after an annual review. Farmers with good repayment history will get incentivised with a higher credit limit to tackle inflation.
- It allows for conversion or rescheduling of repayment if the crops are damaged because of any natural calamity. Its repayment policy also allows clearing off the debt only after harvest.
- A simplified application and documentation process eliminates any hassle and helps save time.
- Its interest rate is similar to that of other advances from the agriculture sector. Also, the credit facility is valid for three years without any need for a seasonal appraisal.
Another significant Kisan Credit Card feature is accident insurance. KCC holders are covered against financial losses of up to Rs. 50,000 against death, permanent total disability, and loss of limbs or eyes. They only have to pay a premium of Rs. 15 for a single-year policy and Rs. 45 for a three-year policy.
Kisan Credit Card is available for both individual and communal farmers and fish farmers, marine fishermen, poultry or small ruminant owners, dairy farmers, and women groups. Its wide acceptability and borrower-friendly terms make it a viable option for everyone.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply