PAN stands for Permanent Account Number and consists of a 10-digit code, comprising numbers and alphabets. PAN gives the Income Tax Department a means of identifying taxpayers, as each taxpaying entity is issued a PAN against which all tax-related information is stored. Recently, to ensure faster issuance of PAN cards to an increasing number of applicants, the Income Tax Department rolled out the e-PAN card. The e-PAN card is a digital PAN card that is instantly issued to first-time taxpayers.
Here's more about the e-PAN card and its application process.
What is an e-PAN card?
The e-PAN card is a PAN card in an electronic format. The IT Department currently issues you an e-PAN card online to encourage PAN card registration in the country. However, the allotment of instant e-PAN cards is for first-time taxpayers only, who do not already have a PAN card. The digitally signed e-PAN card has your name, signature, photograph, unique alphanumeric code and a QR code containing biometric and demographic information. The IT department issues it based on your e-KYC.
How to apply for an e-PAN card?
To get an instant e-PAN card, apply for it on the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Service Limited (UTIITSL) website.
The following steps have to be taken to apply for an e-Pan card:
- Login to the UTIITSL online portal
- Click on ‘PAN card as an Indian Citizen/NRI’
- Select ‘Apply for new PAN CARD’ and pick the PAN card mode, that is, both physical and e-PAN or e-PAN only
- Fill out details per your Aadhaar
- Tick the acknowledgement box and click on ‘Submit’
- Upload a scanned copy of your signature as per the following specifications:
- 200 DPI resolution, JPEG file type, 10KB maximum size, 2cm x 4.5cm dimensions
- Once the online application process is complete, you will obtain an acknowledgement number on the e-mail ID/mobile number you have mentioned in your application. Post allotment, you will receive intimation via e-mail or SMS
- Use the 15-digit acknowledgement number to check your e-PAN status
In a similar manner, you can also get an e-PAN card by applying via the official income tax website.
How to check e-PAN card status?
To check your e PAN card status online:
- Visit the UTIITSL online portal
- Click on the ‘Track PAN card’ button
- Enter your 15-digit application number, and other required details
- Click on ‘Submit’ to know your e-PAN status
Shopping online made easy with the SuperCard
What are the benefits of an e-PAN card?
e-PAN card comes in handy when you are:
- Filing income tax returns
- Buying or selling property
- Investing in mutual funds
- Registering a business
- Carrying out other financial transactions
The instant e-PAN can also be used as identity proof for credit cards like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. The SuperCard is loaded with industry-first features and can be used as a credit card, debit card, loan card and EMI card. Moreover, you get access to a range of credit card deals, from discounts on apparel and food to flight tickets and hotel accommodation. So, as you apply for an e-PAN card online, check your credit card offer from Bajaj Finserv for instant access to the financial flexibility that these two cards offer!
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply