Cardholders can use their savings account or current account to make credit card bill payments through internet banking. The online method allows you to make payments with the least hassles. Check out the step by step guide on how to make a credit card payment through net banking.
How to pay credit card bills through net banking in 6 easy steps?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of your credit card issuer
- Step 2: Navigate to the net banking payments page. Credit card payment through net banking is facilitated through third-party platform such as BillDesk
- Step 3: Enter the necessary details like the 16-digit credit card number and payment amount. Also, select the bank account you will pay from. Once entered, you will be redirected to the payment portal of your chosen financial institution
- Step 4: Next, on the payment portal, enter your net banking credentials, i.e., user ID and password to confirm payment
- Step 5: Provide the OTP sent to your registered mobile number to authenticate your transaction. With some financial institutions, you may require entering the credit card PIN or a 3D-secure password for authentication
- Step 6: Receive acknowledgement through a ‘payment successful’ message on your screen once your online payment is complete and the amount is deducted from your account
- Step 7: You can improve your CIBIL Score by clearing all your dues on time.