A health insurance policy covers medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident, illness, or injury. An individual can acquire such insurance for a set period by paying monthly or annual premiums.
Here are the best health insurance policies in India
1. Aditya Birla group activ Health Insurance policy- The Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Plan provides cover for all the employees/ members against expenses arising out of medical emergency and hospital treatment.
The Advantages of Aditya Birla Group Activ Health-
● Health Returns
1. You get rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
2. You can get back up to 30% of your health insurance premium.
● Activ Health App
1. It is a specialized mobile app that helps in tracking your health and activity.
2. 24/7 access to electronic health records.
3. Feature to search for a doctor nearby.
4. Feature to browse the company healthcare network.
● The Hospital Room
1. During your hospital stay, you can choose between a shared and a private room.
● Aditya Birla Group Activ Health Tax Benefits
1. The tax advantage of this plan is that the premium paid for this policy is exempt under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
2. Aditya Birla super top-up plan- If you need additional health coverage for your family, the Aditya Birla Super Top-Up Plan is ideal. The super top-up plan includes a cashless claim facility that is available in over 6000 network hospitals. It allows you to customise your current plan, allowing you to choose greater coverage. It provides affordable premium rates, relieving you of the burden of ever-changing medical inflations.
Key Features and benefits-
Cashless and reimbursement claim
The plan offers cashless claim in 6000+ network hospitals and the claim is settled instantly. In case of emergency, you can take the treatment in any hospital and get the medical expenses reimbursed after you are discharged and submit the necessary bills.
High-claim settlement ratio
This plan offers a high claim settlement ratio of about 93.68% with affordable premium rates.
The super top-up plan covers a total of 527 day-care listed procedures for the treatment that require less than 24 hours of hospitalisation and are conducted in a hospital or a day-care.
Domiciliary hospitalisation covered
In case of hospital bed unavailability, the plan covers expenses incurred for home care treatment. Insured patients who cannot travel to the hospital, will also be covered under this policy.
This policy covers medical costs incurred due to any illness or injury that occurred 30 days before hospitalisation.
The plan covers medical costs incurred due to any illness or injury for 60 days after hospitalisation.
Organ donor expenses
Medical expenses of an organ donor for organ procurement will be covered under the policy.
3. Bajaj Allianz Health insurance- With a Bajaj Allianz Mediclaim Policy, you can protect your health as well as the health of your family. Get up to Rs.10 lakh in coverage for all of your medical needs.
The plan Includes-
Coverage for your family
This policy covers you, your spouse, and XX children under the age of 21 years.
Cover of up to Rs.10 lakh
Get a sum insured of up to Rs.10 lakh for covering all your medical expenses
Pre and post hospitalization coverage for 60 days prior and 90 days post hospitalization.
All medical needs covered
Get up to 25% of the sum insured for hospitalization for Ayurveda and Homeopathy treatments.
Unlimited Day-care treatments
Use this policy to pay for multiple day-care treatments which do not require 24 hours hospitalization.
The policy even covers the expenses of harvesting the organ from the donor for organ transplantation.
The policy covers the pre-existing diseases after a waiting period of 3 years.
Get tax benefits for the premium paid of this policy under section 80D of Income Tax Act.
4. Max Bupa Health Plus Plan- This plan secures you from medical expenses arising out of health emergencies, personal accidents and critical illness. Overall, this Max Bupa Health Plus Plan is cost-effective and reliable coupled with all the smart features you may want to secure yourself against unforeseen medical contingencies like-
● In-patient hospitalisation expenses
● Hospital Accommodation charges
● Hospital ICU charges
● Day care treatments
● Domiciliary cover
● Organ donor expenses
● Emergency road accidents.
5. Tata AIG health Insurance medi-prime - The Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group. Individuals and organisations can choose from various health insurance plans such as Tata AIG Medicare Plan, Tata AIG Accident Shield Plan and Tata AIG Mediprime Health Plan.
Its benefits include-
● Tax benefit under section 80D
● Lifelong renewal provided all premiums are plain regularly.
● Migrate or transfer can be done to any other insurer with other plans.
● Cashless hospitalization for 3000+ network hospitals.
● Zero sub-limits on expenses covering inpatient treatment, day care expenses, domiciliary treatments and organ donor expenses.
● Sum Insured Enhancement.
● Grace Period of 30 days is available to Policyholders, but coverage will not be given for the time for which no premium has been received.
Various medical insurance companies in India offer various types of low-cost insurance plans. Choosing a suitable insurance plan is one of the most important decisions a person makes because the coverage money received during a medical emergency plays a significant role in saving the individual's life. As a result, when making a choice, a person should make an informed decision.