Given the increasing road traffic, four wheelers face many hazards regularly, ranging from a minor dent in the trunk to major accidents. Additionally, natural disasters may also result in damages. Thus, having a car insurance policy is a must. With a good car insurance or a four-wheeler insurance, one can be financially equipped to cover the losses/damages caused due to any unforeseen event.
Car insurance covers your four-wheeler from risks like natural or man-made disasters, theft, and vandalism among others. Besides, it protects you financially to cover expenses of third-party liabilities. The Motor Insurance Act, 1988 has strictly mandated the need to acquire third-party insurance to drive on Indian roads.
Here’s a quick glance at the features offered under Car insurance by Bajaj Finance:
|Time taken to buy a car insurance||Less than a few minutes|
|No Claim Bonus (NCB) benefits||Get up to 50% discount|
|Easy claims||Quick and digital process|
|Easy claims||Seamless digital process|
|Third-party liability cover||Available|
In a cashless garage network, the repair costs of an insured vehicle are directly handled by the four-wheeler insurance company. This way, the owner is not required to pay for the repairs in advance. After the repairs are completed, the insurance company will settle the bill with the garage directly.
The No Claim Bonus, or 'NCB,' is a bonus that the insurer gives to the policyholder for not filing a claim. Depending on the number of claim-free years, it helps lower the renewal premium for your car policy. NCB may also be transferred to new car insurance if the owner wishes to do so in the future.
Third-party liability compensates for any loss/damage caused to the third party as a result of an accident or any other incident, while the insured vehicle was in use. The third-party car insurance financially guards the car owner by covering the expenses in case of any damage caused to the third party’s property or demise or bodily injury caused to that person due to an accident.
In the event of a claim, the voluntary deductible (VD) is the amount you want to pay over and above the mandatory deductible. (Final claim amount will be after deduction of depreciation on parts, VD, and compulsory deductible as per IMT)
Bajaj Finance provides appropriate towing services to the nearest garage (within a 50-kilometer radius of the breakdown/accident) if the insured vehicle is immobilized.
Break-in Insurance occurs when the policy lapses due to the non-renewal of the insurance on time. The NCB remains intact if four-wheeler insurance is extended within 90 days of its expiration date.
A car insurance policy protects you from any natural or man-made disaster, as well as any personal injury expenses, civil responsibility, and third-party damages.
There are two types of car insurances available in India:
Comprehensive Insurance: What if your car is damaged due to a collision or a hailstorm or is vandalised? Comprehensive car insurance can cover you for all this plus more. It is extensive car insurance that covers damages to your car as well as to other people's vehicles and property. You are also compensated for a loss caused by theft, fire, malicious activity, or a natural calamity.
Third-Party Insurance: You are subject to pay the damages for the third party if you are at fault in case of a collision. Third-party car insurance is hence mandatory in India and covers you for the damage caused by your car to other people's vehicles and property. However, it won’t cover the damages to your car if you are at fault.
Comprehensive car/4-wheeler insurance can cover you against the following risks:
• Damage due to an accident
• Loss caused due to natural calamities (Act of God) like floods, hurricanes, lightning, earthquake, landslide, hailstorm, frosting, etc.
• Damage due to fire or self-ignition
• Loss due to theft, riots, or any malicious or terrorist activities
• Damage caused in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air
• Accident cover for injuries to owner/driver of the insured car
• Compensation for death or permanent disabilities
Car insurance also covers third party liabilities that include:
• Vehicle or property damage due to your insured car at a public place
• Any injuries to the third-party driver due to an accident
The following are not covered under car insurance:
• Mechanical or electrical breakdowns
• Depreciation or general wear and tear of the car
• Damage caused while driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
• Damage caused while driving without a valid license
• Damage caused while using the car for hire or reward, organized racing or speed testing, etc.
• Tyre damage not resulting from an accident
• Loss of car accessories by theft
Note: Exclusions may differ from policy to policy. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to the exclusions given in the policy brochure.
Here are some of the add-on benefits offered under car insurance policies by Bajaj Finance:
Zero Depreciation Cover
Also known as a bumper-to-bumper cover, with the zero-depreciation add-on, you can nullify the depreciation associated with your car. In this cover, you receive full value for your car and all its spare parts, as the depreciation of your car is not considered by your insurer.
Expenses incurred as a result of engine damage are not protected by standard four-wheeler insurance plans. Engine protector add-on helps you save up to 40% of the amount you would spend on getting your car’s engine fixed.
Key and Lock assistance
This add-on is designed to cut down on the costs associated with missing or damaged keys. We take care of the entire purchasing and replacing of not just the car key that has to be replaced but the entire locking system.
24*7 Spot Assistance
This is one of the most useful car insurance add-ons because it means you are never left stuck on the road due to a car problem. No matter if you must get a tyre changed, or have an expert look into your car’s engine, or need assistance in settling an accident, our team is just a phone call or a click away from assisting you.
Allow us to take care of the expenses incurred when buying consumables for your car during maintenance or after an accident with this add-on. The consumable expenses coverage includes engine oil, braking oil, coolant, gearbox oil, and more.
The personal baggage add-on protects your personal belongings and reimburses you for any losses incurred as a result of damage or theft from the vehicle.
With this add-on, you don’t have to worry about burning a hole in your wallet for the daily cab or transportation charges you are likely to pay during your car’s servicing. We take care of your post-accident conveyance for your everyday commute.
Reliable Brand Name
When trusting with insurance, it is important to ensure that your chosen insurance provider offers the best value for money. Bajaj Finance is a well-known financial institution with millions of customers who entrust us with their car insurance policy. Adding to the safety and credibility, we have been awarded the highest safety ratings of FAAA by CRISIL and MAAA by ICRA.
Quick and Online Purchase Process
It's a common practice to buy car insurance online these days. You can now insure your car against any damage due to an accident, theft, fire, etc. within a couple of minutes. The car insurance online process is convenient and saves time. With benefits such as payment reminders, easy comparison, online forms, and document soft copies, Bajaj Finance’s car insurance online claims save your efforts with zero paperwork.
Easy Claim Process
Bajaj Finance offers paperless door-to-door claims. With the Bajaj Finance car policy, one can now raise a claim via a hassle-free, paperless car insurance online process within a few minutes. You can opt for contactless claims or easy document collections from the comfort of your home.
Requesting for car insurance claims is not a hard nut to crack. It is important however to have the correct set of documents on hand. The following are the documents required to file a car accident insurance claim:
Just follow the below steps to apply for bike insurance online
Step1: To apply for the product, click on ‘Apply Now’ and fill in the necessary details in the application form.
Step2: Make fee payment online.
Step 3: If required, opt for a call back from our representatives or complete the process by clicking ‘Buy Now’
Yes, you can easily renew your car insurance policy online. Also, you can get a No-claim bonus or NCB (if applicable) and exclusive online discounts for the renewal of the policy.
Yes. Insurers like Bajaj Allianz come up with discounts and deals on four-wheeler insurance from time to time. You can check their website for the best deals running right now.
Yes, you can buy car insurance online. Buying car insurance online is faster and easier. You just need to provide your details and information about the car to obtain a quick quote for getting your car covered. Bajaj Finance also offers the facility to apply for car insurance online.
If you are driving on the roads, you must have car insurance. Here’s why:
• Mandatory by Law: Under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is illegal to drive on Indian roads Without third Party liability car insurance.
• Unexpected expenses: A car accident is an unforeseen event that can incur a huge amount of expenses. Not having car insurance can hit your savings and leave you cash-strapped.
• Third-party damages: Damaging someone else’s property or vehicle due to a collision can land you in a nasty situation. If you have car insurance, then you can get the third-party damages compensated without any hassle.
Imagine collecting physical brochures from different insurance companies and then manually comparing them to buy car insurance. You can avoid this exhausting task by simply buying car insurance online, like:
• Easy comparison: Online car insurance gives you the ease of comparing and researching products and their prices. You can read the customer reviews, share information or ask questions directly to the insurance company.
• Convenience: Convenience is the biggest perk nowadays. Buying car insurance online can save your time and effort on running from one place to another.
• Easy application: Four-wheeler insurance companies nowadays provide a seamless online application process for buying car insurance online. Online application forms are quick, simple, and self-guided. There are lesser chances of errors and you can review your application anytime.
• Ease of payments: You get multiple options for payment when you buy car insurance online, like- credit card, debit card, net banking, smart card, etc.
• Discounts and deals: You get to enjoy exclusive discounts and deals running for online car insurance applicants.