Maruti Suzuki car insurance premium calculator
Use the Maruti car insurance premium calculator online to estimate the premium for your insurance policy. To use the calculator, you need to enter the following details:
Insured Declared Value (IDV):
The higher the IDV, the higher the premium. The IDV also sets the coverage limit.
Age of the car:
Older cars have higher premiums than newer ones.
Cars with larger engines will have higher premiums. The insurance rates vary as per the engine CC.
The premium amount will increase if you opt for add-ons like zero-depreciation cover, engine protector cover, etc.
Inclusions of Maruti Suzuki car insurance
Here’s what Maruti Suzuki car insurance covers.
Accidental damage: Maruti Suzuki car insurance covers damages caused to the insured car due to an accident.
Theft or loss: In case of theft or loss of the car, Maruti Suzuki car insurance covers the value of the car or the cost of repairs.
Third-party damages: The policy also covers the car owner against any legal liability for third-party damages.
Personal accident cover: Maruti Suzuki car insurance also covers the car owner against any personal accidents that may occur while driving the car.
Add-ons: The premium amount will increase if you opt for add-ons like zero-depreciation insurance cover, engine protector cover, etc.
Exclusions of Maruti Suzuki car insurance
Here’s what Maruti Suzuki car insurance does not cover.
- Maruti Suzuki car insurance does not cover the car owner in case of an accident caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The policy also does not cover damages caused due to reckless driving or racing.
- The policy does not cover accidents caused by unlicensed drivers or drivers with a suspended licence.
- Maruti Suzuki car insurance does not cover regular wear and tear to the car.
Add-ons for your Maruti car insurance
You can avail of several add-ons on your Maruti Suzuki car insurance policy. Here are some popular add-ons for Maruti car insurance:
Zero depreciation cover:
This add-on cover entitles you to claim the full cost of repairing or replacing damaged car parts without any depreciation deduction.
Return to invoice cover:
It ensures you get compensation equal to the car’s invoice value in case of total loss or theft.
Engine protector cover:
This covers damages to the car's engine and its components due to water ingress or oil leakage.
Roadside assistance cover:
This add-on cover provides a 24x7 assistance facility in case of breakdown, battery jump-start, fuel supply, or flat tyre. You can also avail of towing services.
Consumables expenses cover:
This cover reimburses the cost of consumables such as nuts and bolts, engine oil, and brake oil used during repair work after an accident. It can help you save money on repair expenses.
Garage cash cover:
This cover provides a daily cash allowance to cover your transportation costs while your car gets repaired in a garage after an accident.
NCB protection cover:
No Claims Bonus (NCB) is a discount given to policyholders if they do not make any claims during a policy period. But in case you need to raise a car insurance claim, this add-on cover will ensure your NCB remains intact. This means your discount will not get affected even if you make a claim during the policy period.
Key protection cover:
This cover is helpful in the case of lost or stolen car keys. It reimburses the cost of replacing them, which can be expensive, especially for high-end cars with electronic keys.
Tyre secure cover:
This add-on covers the cost of repairing or replacing tyres that have got damaged due to road accidents or other incidents. It can help you save money on expensive tyre replacements.
Repair of glass fibre and plastic parts cover:
This cover is useful for cars that have expensive aftermarket parts or body kits made of glass fibre or plastic. It covers the cost of repairing or replacing these parts.
Loss of personal belongings cover:
This cover reimburses the cost of replacing any personal items that have been lost or stolen from your car or damaged due to an accident.
Why is having a car insurance for your Maruti car important?
If you own a Maruti car, having a car insurance policy is extremely important. Car insurance not only provides financial security in case of accidents, damage, or theft but also offers peace of mind while driving. The legal requirement of car insurance makes it even more necessary to get one for your Maruti car today.
How to buy a Maruti Suzuki car insurance policy online?
You can buy insurance policies for Maruti Suzuki cars online easily. Simply visit the insurance provider's website, compare different policies, calculate the premium, and purchase the policy online. Make sure to provide accurate details while buying the policy for a smooth claim process in the future.
You can also buy car insurance policies for your Maruti Suzuki car by visiting the Bajaj Finance Insurance Mall. Bajaj Finance Insurance Mall lists top car insurance plans from leading insurers under one platform. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Visit Bajaj Finance Insurance Mall and view the Maruti car insurance plans offered by leading motor insurance companies.
Step 2: Click on 'Get Quote’ to open the online application form.
Step 3: Enter the vehicle type, car registration number, mobile number, and residential PIN code. Check the terms and conditions and click on the ‘Get Quote’ button below.
Step 4: Choose the IDV, NCB value, add-on covers, and plan type to get a list of relevant policies. You need to update your current policy expiry date here.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button. You will need to add owner-driver personal accident cover mandated by the RTO. Click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
Step 6: Confirm the vehicle registration date and the previous policy type (comprehensive/third-party). Click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 7: Enter the vehicle owner’s name, date of birth, residential address, and contact number. Also, enter the vehicle engine and chassis number (as per the RC) and previous policy details.
Step 8: Review your previously filled details and make the payment through your preferred online payment mode. You can use net banking, UPI, credit/debit card to buy the policy.
Maruti Suzuki insurance renewal
You can easily renew your Maruti Suzuki insurance policy online or offline.
Follow these steps for Maruti Suzuki insurance renewal:
- Visit the insurance company's website and enter your car's registration number.
- Fill in the required details about your car and choose the type of insurance policy you want to renew.
- Pay the premium amount online using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- You will receive the policy document via email.
For Maruti Suzuki insurance renewal offline, visit the insurance company's office and fill in the renewal form. Pay the premium amount in cash or cheque, and the policy document will get renewed.
Easy steps to claim Maruti Suzuki car insurance
You can opt for cashless claim process or get the amount reimbursed, in case of any damage to your Maruti Suzuki car. If you buy the policy offered through Bajaj Finance, you can refer to the steps below to claim benefits:
- Inform insurance company: Report car damages promptly through toll-free number, email, or customer care.
- Register claim: Provide vehicle, incident, and contact details for reimbursement.
- Document damages: Capture pictures and gather necessary documents, including repair estimate, bills, and receipts.
- Get vehicle repaired: Choose any garage for repairs and settle the repair bill independently.
- Submit claim: After repairs, submit the reimbursement claim with required documents to the insurance company.
- Claim settlement: Upon document verification, the insurance company settles the reimbursement claim per policy terms.
- Hassle-free process: Follow these steps and submit all necessary documents to reimburse car repair bills without complications.
Important documents required for your Maruti car insurance claim
Here is the list of documents you need filing a claim for your car insurance policy:
- Copy of the registration certificate (RC) of your vehicle
- Copy of your driving licence
- Policy number
- Description of the incident and photographs of the vehicle (if possible).
- First Information Report (FIR) in case of theft, injuries to any third party, or damage to their property.
- The original keys to the vehicle.
- RTO transfer papers duly signed with Form 28, Form 29 and Form 30.
- No Trace Report from the police in cases of theft of the vehicle.
- The original bills for the repairs of the car to claim a four-wheeler insurance policy.
- Any other document that the insurance company demands.
Maruti car insurance provides essential coverage for damages caused to your car and third-party liabilities. It is important to choose the right type of insurance policy and add-ons to ensure complete protection. With comprehensive coverage and affordable premiums, Maruti Suzuki car insurance is a reliable choice for car owners in India.