Reimbursement of the cost of replacing your residence and your vehicle keys. The cover is available only for the amount you pay to the locksmith for producing a new key.
If someone breaks into your vehicle, the key replacement insurance caters to the cost of replacing the locks and the keys. Remember, we do not cover the cost of the lock. We only cover the labour costs for replacing the lock.
We reimburse the cost of obtaining the locksmith if you find yourself locked out of your house or car.
The key replacement job can take more than 24 hours at times. Under such circumstances, we cover the cost of the rental car.
Documents required for Key Replacement Insurance
• Official police FIR that details the incident that happened within the covered time frame is necessary for claiming reimbursement in break-in protection claims
What to do after an accident or loss of key
• Call us at 1800-11-9966
• Alternatively, submit a written intimation letter within 24 hours of discovering the loss
• It enables you to make a claim and obtain the required forms and instructions
• File the FIR with the police within 24 hours of discovering the loss of the key or the break-in attempt.
• Fill up the claims forms and return to us along with the accompanying documents.
• It includes police reports, receipts for replacing locks and keys, and all other documents that the company asks for.
• Submit the claims forms to the company within 3 days
• If you lose the key, you can call the insurance company at the phone number provided in the policy document.
• Submit a written application detailing the events.
• In case someone has broken into your house or vehicle, you have to file a police complaint and obtain the FIR copy within 24 hours of detecting the incident.
• Submit the copy of documents (police FIR) to the company
• In the meanwhile maintain the receipts of the key replacement costs, the labour charges paid to the locksmith, and so on.
• Submit the receipts to the company to get the reimbursement of the replacement expenses