Identity theft is rampant in today’s ‘Digital Age’. An identity theft can leave you with large debts accrued in your name, or a scarred credit score. Resolving these financial errors could take months, and sometimes years. With Identity Assure plan from Bajaj Finserv, you can get coverage for lost wages, legal expenses, financial obligations or any other miscellaneous expenses incurred due to identity theft.
With Identity Assure, you can get coverage up to Rs. 1,50,000 at a nominal price of Rs. 449.
Applying for Identity Assure is a hassle-free process. You can simply fill in an online application form and pay the premium via net banking, UPI, mobile wallet, or credit/debit card.
In the event of loss of wallet or debit/credit cards, you can block all your payment cards by making a single phone call. This would eliminate the need for you to contact each bank individually to get your cards blocked.
With the Identity Assure plan, you can avail emergency financial assistance in case you get stranded in the middle of your trip. This includes an advance of up to Rs. 20,000 in India and up to Rs. 40,000 abroad.
As an added feature, you get access to F-Secure Internet Security, which is a powerful antivirus to protect your computing devices against malware and enables secure net banking.
With the Identity Assure plan, avail a detailed analysis of your current credit score along with the Credit Health Report.
With an Identity Assure plan from Bajaj Finserv, you can get insured for financial losses incurred due to identity theft. Here’s a detailed lowdown on the different expenses covered:
Get reimbursement of attorney and court fees incurred by you on:
- Defending any suit brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or someone acting on their behalf, as a result of the identity theft.
- Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the identity theft.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer credit report, only if this information is inaccurate and falsely provided to the credit agency or financial institution as a result of identity theft.
Reimbursement for time taken from work, to correct financial records that have been altered due to identity theft. However, lost wages are covered only within a period of 12 months from making the claim.
Get coverage for actual losses from unauthorised transactions, if any credit or bank accounts were opened in your name without authorization. You will be covered for your legal obligations to pay a creditor, when the account was created as a part of your identity theft.
Get reimbursement for the following expenses:
- The cost of re-filing applications for credit accounts or banking accounts that are rejected solely because the lender received incorrect information due to identity theft
- The cost of notarizing documents related to your identity theft, long distance telephone calls, and certified mail, reasonably incurred because of your efforts to report an identity theft or to correct your financial and credit records that have been altered because of your identity theft
- The cost of contesting the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in your credit history because of your identity theft
- The cost of a maximum of four credit reports from an entity approved by us. The credit reports shall be requested when you make a claim.
Here are the exceptions to the policy, which are not covered under Identity Theft Cover by Bajaj Finserv:
Any physical injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, mental anguish and mental injury including required care, loss of services or death.
Any request made for credit reports just before the discovery of your identity theft may lead to rejection of your claim.
Taking time from self-employment or workdays that are paid by your employer in order to correct your financial records that have been altered due to identity theft is not covered under the plan.
To know the complete list of exclusions, please read terms and conditions of the plan.
Step 1 : Click ‘Apply Now’ on the top left corner of this page. Fill in your basic details in the online application form.
Step 2 : Authenticate yourself by entering the OTP received on the mobile number entered by you.
Step 3 : Complete the purchase by paying the premium using mobile wallet, credit/debit card, mobile wallet, or any other preferred mode of payment.
In case of loss of cards or need of emergency travel assistance, call the toll-free number 1800-419-4000 or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the incident. You also need to provide evidence of your need for emergency assistance.
In case of identity theft related claim, you can lodge a claim by contacting the insurer through one of the following ways:
Call on toll-free Number 18002667780 or 1800-22-9966 (only for senior citizen policy holders).
SMS on 5616181 as 'Claims'
Below is the tentative list of documents required for processing of claim.
Duly filled and signed Claim Form
Police Intimation (copy of the FIR)
Legal expenses tax invoices
Salary/Wage slips in case of loss of pay (*to be supported with suitable documents from employer)
Credit/bank account statements
Miscellaneous Expenses tax invoices
Proof of identity theft
Any other document requested by the insurer
For any queries or concerns relating to the policy, please get in touch with us by writing an email to email@example.com.
We will get in touch with you if your idea is selected.