Identity theft is rampant in today’s digital age. It can leave you with large debts accrued in your name, or a scarred credit score. Resolving these financial errors could take months, and sometimes years. With Identity Assure from Bajaj Finserv, you can get coverage for lost wages, legal expenses, financial obligations or any other miscellaneous expenses incurred due to identity theft.
Identity Assure offers coverage up to Rs. 1.5 lakh at a premium of Rs. 449. Make the payment from any of your preferred online payment modes.
Here’s what’s covered under this plan:
Get reimbursement on attorney and court fees incurred by you for:
- Defending any suit brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or someone acting on their behalf, as a result of the identity theft.
- Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the identity theft.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer credit report, only if this information is inaccurate and falsely provided to the credit agency or financial institution as a result of identity theft.
Reimbursement for the time taken from work, to correct financial records that have been altered due to identity theft. However, lost wages are covered only within 12 months of making the claim.
Get coverage for actual losses from unauthorised transactions, if any credit or bank accounts were opened in your name without authorisation. You will be covered for your legal obligations to pay a creditor, when the account was created as a part of your identity theft.
Get reimbursement for the following expenses:
- The cost of re-filing applications for credit accounts or banking accounts that are rejected solely because the lender received incorrect information due to identity theft
- The cost of notarising documents related to your identity theft, long distance telephone calls, and certified mail, reasonably incurred because of your efforts to report an identity theft or to correct your financial and credit records that have been altered because of your identity theft
- The cost of contesting the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in your credit history because of your identity theft
- The cost of a maximum of four credit reports from an entity approved by us. The credit reports shall be requested when you make a claim.
In the event of loss of wallet or debit/credit cards, you can block all your payment cards by making a single phone call. This would eliminate the need for you to contact each bank individually to get your cards blocked.
You can avail of emergency financial assistance in case you get stranded in the middle of your trip. The plan provides advance fund of up to Rs. 20,000 in India and up to Rs. 40,000 abroad.
As an added feature, you get access to F-Secure Internet Security, which is a powerful antivirus to protect your computing devices against malware and enables secure net banking.
You can get a detailed analysis of your current credit score from credit health report.
Here are some of the exclusions under the plan:
Any physical injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, mental anguish and mental injury including required care, loss of services or death.
Any request made for credit reports just before the discovery of your identity theft may lead to rejection of your claim.
In case you have taken time out of salaried working days or even if you are self-employed, for correcting your financial records that have been altered due to identity theft, the losses will not be covered under the plan.
Note: To know the complete list of exclusions, please read the terms and conditions of the plan.
Here are the steps to apply for the plan:
To raise a claim, you can contact the insurer through on of the following ways:a. In case of loss of cards or need of emergency travel assistance, call the toll-free number 1800-419-4000 or write an email at email@example.com within 24 hours of the incident. You also need to provide evidence of your need for emergency assistance.
Here’s the tentative list of documents required for processing the claim:
For queries related to the policy, please write to us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer - Bajaj Finance Ltd. (BFL) is merely a distributor of above Products, owned by CPP Assistance Services Private Ltd.(CPP). Issuance of these products is at sole discretion of CPP. This product shall be governed by CPP product T&C’s and BFL does NOT hold any responsibility for the issuance, quality, serviceability, maintenance and any claims post sale. This is not an insurance product and CPP Assistance Services Private Ltd. is not an insurance company. Purchase of this product is purely voluntary in nature. BFL does not compel any of its customers to mandatorily purchase any third-party products.”