The Delhi Development Authority (DDA), in collaboration with the Government of India, is offering 18,000 new flats to the residents of Delhi this year via the DDA housing scheme. This scheme is linked to the CLSS scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), which offers a credit linked subsidy of up to Rs. 2.67 lakh to three categories of applicants divided by income.
Based on the sheer number of applicants for the DDA housing scheme of 2017 and DDA housing scheme of 2018, the authority has upped the number of flats it is offering in 2019. Reports say that the DDA is offering 7,700 flats for the economically weaker sections, 8,330 flats for the low income group, 1,550 flats for the middle income group and 450 flats for the high income group. In order to avail this affordable housing scheme in Delhi, you are required to pay a fee, which depends on the income group that you fall under. These new flats for the 2019 iteration of the scheme are located in Delhi’s Vasant Kunj and Narela locality.
Here is a look at all you need to know to register for the DDA housing scheme so that you can buy an affordable home in Delhi.
DDA Housing Scheme Eligibility Criteria
In order to enjoy the benefits of this affordable housing scheme in Delhi, you are required to meet the eligibility criteria of DDA flat scheme. They are as follows:
- You must be a citizen of India and over the age of 18 at the time of application
- You must have a PAN card
- You must not own, either fully or in part, any residential property having carpet area exceeding 67 meters in Delhi
- If you have any prior allotments under the Delhi awas yojana, you are ineligible for the scheme
Documentation Required to apply for the DDA Housing Scheme
The required documents are an important part of your application process as they attest to your eligibility. They are as follows:
- Affidavit for non-ownership of property in Delhi
- Affidavit declaring the relationship with your spouse. (This applies for joint applications.)
- Identity and address proof documents, which include self-attested copies of PAN card, Aadhaar card or Voter’s ID
- Self-attested copy of the passbook relating to the bank account mentioned in the application
- Copy of NOC from the mortgage issuer attested by a notary
Online Application Method for the DDA Housing Scheme
As per a recent change, the DDA housing scheme 2019 is only accepting online applications. Here are the steps to follow.
- Visit the official DDA website
- Click the button that says ‘Online application form’
- Navigate the page for the application form and fill it up
- Upload your latest photograph and signature before submitting the application
- Make the payment using the online payment gateway. The amount you’ll have to pay depends on the category you’ve chosen. If you have picked more than one, you will have to pay the fee for the higher category
You can also apply for the DDA flat scheme by visiting the websites of banks including SBI, HDFC, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra and Yes Bank.
This affordable housing scheme in Delhi is of prime importance if you wish to own a home in 2019 and meet the criteria. However, you can also become a homeowner via the Delhi Awas Yojana, which offers 300 units to applicants who will be chosen on the basis of lots under the Master Plan Delhi 2021. No matter which scheme you choose, keep in mind that property, especially in the capital, comes at a steep price and it is wise to opt for a home loan to ease the strain on your finances. Home loans come in handy as you can use the funds to either buy, build or renovate your home, all the while enjoying tax benefits. You can get up to Rs. 1.5 lakh as a deduction on the principal loan amount and Rs. 2 lakh deduction on interest payments.
All you’re tasked with now is finding a suitable loan offer, and the Bajaj Housing Finance Limited Home Loan is an incredible option to consider. You can get up to Rs. 15 Crore* as a sanction at a nominal interest rate for a flexible tenor of up to 40 years, which translates to affordable EMIs. Furthermore, you get access to other value-added features like the property dossier and doorstep services for pick-up of your important documents. You can enjoy all these benefits and more by simply applying for this loan online. To get started, check your pre-approved offer and get access to a customised home loan offering.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply