In line with the mission of providing ‘Housing for all’ by 2022, the Ghaziabad Development Authority or GDA intends to construct 36,000 housing units by 2021 under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Ghaziabad scheme. Moreover, almost over 1,300 homes are under construction and possession of some will be given by 2020. Considering that the government facilitates affordable housing and you can claim PMAY benefits like subsidy on home loan interest, this is an opportune time for you to be a homeowner in Ghaziabad. However, you need to meet PMAY eligibility criteria to secure homeownership under the PMAY Ghaziabad scheme.
So, read on to know more about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Ghaziabad and how you can qualify for it.
What are the objectives of PMAY Ghaziabad?
As mentioned before, GDA intends to construct 36,000 properties under the PMAY Ghaziabad scheme by 2021. As per recent reports, 1,300 units are already under construction. Moreover, the Vice-Chairperson of GDA has clarified that about 432 and 856 flats are located in Dasna, and Bapudham, respectively. The GDA plans to give possession of these units in July 2020 and is jointly developing these units with private developers.
What are the eligibility criteria and documents required for PMAY Ghaziabad?
Before applying for PMAY Ghaziabad, you need to check if you meet the required PMAY eligibility criteria. Firstly, to qualify for the scheme, you need to belong to the following economic groups.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Lower Income Group (LIG): Annual household income not exceeding Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 6 lakh, respectively.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I): Annual household income over Rs. 6 lakh and up to Rs. 12 lakh
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II): Annual household income over Rs. 12 lakh and up to Rs. 18 lakh
Furthermore, you or your family must not own a pucca house in any part of the country and must not have availed financial assistance from other Govt. housing schemes.
Once you know under which category you qualify, keep the following documents ready for submission.
- An accurately filled online application form
- Identity proof like PAN card, Aadhaar card, passport, voter’s ID, or driver’s license
- Address proofs like utility bills or ration card
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificates, if applicable
- Income proof like salary slips, Form 16, ITR, last 6 month’s bank account statements
- If your income is below the taxable limit, submit a self-affidavit income certificate
- If you belong to the EWS or the LIG category, submit a self-declaration form
- If you are a self-employed applicant or a businessperson, submit a written declaration explaining the nature of your business along with a self-attested financial statement
- The following property documents, certified by a registered authority:
- Certified valuation certificate
- Approved construction plan
- A certificate from an engineer or architect that mentions the construction, repair costs, and life of the house
- A construction agreement with your builder, if required
- Document to prove that the location of the construction is as per the law
- No Objection Certificate
- A letter of allotment of property or an agreement of sale
- An affidavit that states that you or members in your household don’t own a house in India
How to check PMAY list for Ghaziabad?
To check if you are one of the beneficiaries, check the PMAY list by following these steps:
- Visit the official PMAY website
- Click on ‘Search Beneficiary’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click ‘Show’
- Once the results are displayed, look for your name and other details
How to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Ghaziabad?
To access PMAY benefits, like a subsidy via the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS), you can make an application online. Follow these simple steps to do so.
- Visit the official PMAY website
- Hover over ‘Citizen Assessment’
- Select the appropriate option, such as ‘Benefit under other 3 components’ for CLSS benefits
- Fill in your Aadhaar details and other personal information in the ensuing form
- Enter the CAPTCHA and click on ‘Submit’
Dates to remember for PMAY Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad is a city in UP, and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Uttar Pradesh, is part of the nationwide initiative running until 2022. In terms of the CLSS component, EWS and LIG beneficiaries can avail of PMAY U benefits until 31st March 2022. However, according to recent revisions, MIG beneficiaries can avail subsidies until 31st March 2020.
Now that you know about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Ghaziabad, apply for a home loan at Bajaj Finserv to avail benefits as per the Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme, as well as a hassle-free sanction up to Rs. 15 Crore* for a tenor of up to 30 years. You also benefit from value-added features such as nil charges on part-prepayments and foreclosures and property search services so that you can become a proud homeowner quickly. So, what are you waiting for? Check your pre-approved offer from Bajaj Finserv for instant approval through a customised deal.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply