Recent reports by a real estate aggregator indicate that the property prices in Jhusi, Allahabad, have gone up by 56.2%. In a similar vein, the cost of apartments in Harhua, Varanasi has also increased by 52.2%. Given these accelerating prices, constructing a home in UP with your savings alone may not be realistic. To help you become a homeowner without breaking the bank, the government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or PMAY scheme.
With this initiative the Indian Government aims to provide affordable ‘housing to all by 2022’. To assist the Centre and develop affordable housing units all across Uttar Pradesh, the state government has launched PMAY UP. Read on to know more about PM Awas Yojana UP and the benefits you can avail through it.
About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana UP
The State Urban Development Agency (SUDA) of Uttar Pradesh has launched several projects across the major cities of the state to realise the objectives of PMAY. To illustrate, over 6,000 housing units have been sanctioned in Allahabad and those looking to live in Varanasi are set to benefit from over 8,000 new housing projects under the PM Awas Yojana in UP.
Key features of PM Awas Yojana UP
In order to benefit from this initiative in Odisha, you should first qualify for it. Here are the categories you can qualify for based on your annual income.
- You can avail a subsidy on the interest of your home loan taken under the PMAY scheme.
- You can obtain a subsidy of up to 6.5% amounting to Rs.2.67 lakh on your home loan.
- This scheme gives priority to women, senior citizens, SC/ST, backward classes, and minority applicants. It also makes women ownership mandatory for beneficiaries from the lower income groups and economically backward group, helping widows and women seek equal opportunities in owning a home.
- When allocating ground floor units, disabled and senior citizen applicants are given priority.
Eligibility criteria of PM Awas Yojana UP
In order to qualify for PMAY and claim CLSS or Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme benefits in UP, you must meet the following PMAY eligibility criteria.
- Your household income must fall under one of the following brackets
- Economically Weaker Section: Yearly household income of less than Rs.3 lakh
- Lower Income Group: Yearly household income between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh
- Middle Income Group I: Yearly household income above Rs.6 lakh and under Rs.12 lakh
- Middle Income Group II: Yearly household above Rs.12 lakh and under Rs.18 lakh
- You or your family should not own a pucca house in any part of India.
- You or your family must not have availed financial assistance from any other government housing scheme
- Property must be co-owned by a female member of the family for EWS and LIG, barring cases in which the beneficiary household has no female member
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Uttar Pradesh
Once you are eligible for PMAY, prepare a document docket based on the ones mentioned below and proceed to access PMAY benefits.
- A duly filled online PMAY application form
- Identity proof such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, Voter’s ID, passport, driving license
- Address proof like utility bills or ration card
- Category proof such as an SC/ST/OBC or other minority community certificate
- Income proof such as salary slips, ITR, Form 16, and last 6 month’s bank statement
- If your income is below the taxable limit, submit a self-affidavit income certificate.
- If you belong to the EWS or LIG category, you are required to submit a self-declaration form.
- If you are a businessperson or self-employed, you are required to submit a written note on the nature of your business and a self-attested financial statement, if asked.
- Property documents such as a valuation certificate of your property from a registered authority
- Approved construction plan
- Certificate mentioning construction and repair costs and expected life of the house as given by architects or engineers
- Construction agreement with the builder, if needed
- Document to prove that the location of construction meets the requirements of the law
- No Objection Certificate
- Agreement of sale or a letter of property allotment
- An affidavit stating that your household doesn’t own a house in India
Steps to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in UP
Just like the other terms of the scheme, applying for it is easy and you can apply for PMAY UP online at the official state-PMAY website. Here’s how to go about it.
- Identify your category first:
- Citizens living in slums
- Citizens who don’t own land or have no means to secure a home loan (select the Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) option)
- Citizens not who don’t own land or a house and want to construct or enhance a property (select Beneficiary Led Construction, BLC, option)
- Citizens who are capable of managing to purchase, construct or enhance a house with a home loan (select CLSS)
- Next, visit http://pmaymis.gov.in, the official PMAY website.
- Here, click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ and select the category you fit in.
- Upon being redirected to a new page, enter your Aadhaar details.
- Now, fill the application form and enter the captcha code to submit it.
Once you submit the form, you can track your application by clicking on the ‘Track your Assessment Status’ option under ‘Citizen Assessment’. You can get more information on PMAY at http://www.sudaup.org/, the official website of State Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Uttar Pradesh.
List of Beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Uttar Pradesh
To check if you feature on the PM Awas Yojana in UP’s list of beneficiaries, here are the steps to follow.
- Visit PMAY’s official website: http://pmaymis.gov.in
- Click on ‘Search Beneficiary’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Show’ option
- Now, view the results and find your name along with other details
After verifying your name in the list, avail CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) benefits of up to Rs.2.67 lakh by applying for a loan like the Bajaj Finance Housing Limited Home Loan. Here, you can access a high-value sanction of up to Rs. 5 Crore* on competitive terms and qualify for the same by meeting simple eligibility criteria and submitting minimal documents.
With such judicious funding options available and PMAY housing projects coming all across the country, you are just a step away from owning a home in UP, affordably!
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply