Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, a Government of India scheme, envisages affordable housing for all by 2022. PMAY encourages the construction of affordable housing in every Indian state, thus offering more choices for first-time homebuyers. The scheme comes as a major relief to first-time homebuyers combating appreciation in real estate prices, as it encompasses a Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme. PMAY-U (urban) and PMAY-R (rural) are the two components of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, and PMAY Gurgaon falls under PMAY-U.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Gurgaon
According to a 2018 report, the Municipal Council of Gurgaon (MCG) has declared that they will construct around 37,000 houses as part of the PMAY initiative. Further, the government of Haryana has already chosen about 27,000 individuals for PMAY benefits under the following components:
- Affordable housing in partnership with both public and private sector developers
- Beneficiary-led house construction
- Affordable housing through CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme)
All these components greatly aid a homeowner like you. For instance, as a beneficiary of the CLSS initiative, you can gain access to subsidised credit to make your purchase.
Vision of PM Awas Yojana, Gurgaon
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gurugram is part of PMAY in India, a scheme aiming to provide affordable housing to all by 2022. According to reports, government agencies like MCG, HUDCO, and HSIIDC will join hands to power PMAY in Gurgaon. Further, the Haryana government’s vision extends to old cities in urban areas, and in 2018, a new affordable housing policy was under consideration for these localities.
Important dates for PMAY Gurgaon
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gurugram, Haryana comes under PMAY U, and as such, the scheme that commenced in 2015 will come to a close in 2022. Nevertheless, in case you are interested in CLSS benefits, it’s important to note that as a Middle-Income Group beneficiary, the CLSS scheme is valid for you until 31st March 2020. For the other eligible beneficiaries, the scheme stays valid until 31st March 2022.
PMAY eligibility criteria and documents, Gurgaon
To get eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gurgaon, you must qualify for the scheme under one of these income categories.
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section): Your annual household income should be less than Rs. 3 lakh.
- LIG (Lower Income Group): Your annual household income must be over Rs. 3 lakh and within Rs. 6 lakh.
- MIG-1 (Middle Income Group-1): Your annual household income must be over Rs. 6 lakh and within Rs. 12 lakh.
- MIG-2 (Middle Income Group-2): Your annual household income must be over Rs. 12 lakh but within Rs. 18 lakh.
Keep in mind that to qualify for the PMAY scheme, you or any of your family members should not own a pucca house in any part of the country. Similarly, you or your family members must not have availed Central assistance via Govt. housing schemes. You need to be a first-time homebuyer, and here, your family comprises you, your spouse, and your unmarried children.
To prove your eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gurgaon, keep the following documents handy.
- Identity proof such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, or driver’s license
- Address proof such as Aadhaar card, property tax receipts, or latest utility bills
- Income proof such as bank statements, salary slips, or ITR
- Property documents such as receipts of payments made to the developer, allotment letter, or agreement to sell
- Other documents such as documents related to current loans and their repayment track record
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Beneficiary List, Gurgaon
You can check to see if you qualify for the PMAY benefits online through the official PMAY website. Follow these steps to know if your name features in the PMAY list.
- Log on to the PMAY website
- Click on the ‘Search Beneficiary’ option
- Key in your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Show'
- Go through the list of details to check if you are a beneficiary
After verifying your name on the PMAY list, avail CLSS benefits of up to Rs. 2.67 lakh by applying for a Bajaj Finserv Home Loan. Here you can get a large sanction of Rs. 5 crore and even more that you can repay over a tenor of up to 30 years. Moreover, you can enjoy the benefits of a property dossier, a top-up loan, and nil charges on part-prepayments and foreclosure. Further, to streamline the application process and hasten disbursal, you can check your pre-approved offer before applying. So, avail this loan and become a proud homeowner in Gurgaon.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply