Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative rolled out by the Government of India to provide affordable housing to all by the year 2022. As per official records, PMAY Assam has identified over 57,154 urban households for a subsidy of Rs.2 lakh each. However, since the Prime Minister Awas Yojana, Assam caters to both urban and rural population, you can qualify for either PMAY-G or PMAY-U, Assam depending on certain parameters such as your economic standing.
A Brief Introduction of PMAY in Assam
Difference between PMAY-U and PMAY-G in Assam
The PMAY Gramin Assam aims to provide a pucca house for the homeless or those living in dilapidated or kutcha houses. The vision here is to help around 1 crore households by providing pucca homes that have a minimum size of 25 sq.mt. These homes are to contain basic amenities like a hygienic cooking area. PMAY-U’s goal, on the other hand, is to help the urban poor and you have to complete various formalities before applying for benefits through it.
Read on for an in-depth explanation of this initiative and the PMAY benefits available in Assam.
Who is a PMAY Beneficiary?
A PMAY beneficiary is an individual who qualifies for the scheme on the basis of annual income. There are 4 main income groups: Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), Medium Income Group 1 (MIG- I) and Medium Income Group 2 (MIG – II). Additionally, for PMAY, a beneficiary family consists of a wife, husband and unmarried children.
What are PMAY Eligibility Criteria?
In order to avail PMAY Assam’s subsidies on home purchase, you must first qualify for the scheme. Here are the eligibility criteria you must meet.
1. You must fall under one of the eligible income groups.
- Economically Weaker Section: Where annual household income is less than Rs.3 lakh
- Lower Income Group: Where annual household income is between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh
- Middle Income Group I: Where annual household income is above Rs.6 lakh and under Rs.12 lakh
- Middle Income Group II: Where annual household income is above Rs.12 lakh and under Rs.18 lakh
2. You or your family must not own a pucca house in any part of the country
3. You or your family must not have availed financial assistance from any other government housing scheme
4. PMAY benefits are applicable on purchase or construction of a new unit or when enhancing and old home with basic facilities
5. Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe citizens are also eligible for the scheme
6. Apart from cases in which there is no female member in the family, the property needs to be co-owned by a woman
If you meet these criteria, you may apply for PMAY and avail affordable home loan financing via the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS). Here’s how you check if you have qualified for PMAY Assam.
How can You Check if You Feature on the PMAY List for Assam?
Checking if you feature on the PMAY list for Assam is simple and must be done online. Here are the steps you can follow to check the PMAY urban list.
- Visit the official PMAY website
- Navigate to the ‘Search Beneficiary’ option and click on it
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Show’
- A list of details will be generated on the next page. If your application details are present, your information will show up on the list
To check if you feature in the PMAY rural list, here is what you need to do.
- Visit the official PMAY-Gramin website
- Enter your registration number and click on ‘Submit’
- If your number is on the list, your information will feature on the screen
However, if you do not have your registration number, log on to the page and go over to ‘Advanced Search’. On this page, fill in all the applicable fields and click on the ‘Search’ button. A list will then get populated and you will have to manually look through it to check if you feature on it.
What are the Features and Benefits of PMAY in Assam?
When you avail of PMAY in Assam, here are the features and benefits that you can enjoy.
- A maximum interest subsidy of 6.5% on a home loan
- Access to houses and units built with eco-friendly materials and sustainable technology
- Access to ground floor units if you are specially-abled or a senior citizen
- Access to affordable housing in developing and developed parts of Assam
As you may have noticed, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana goes a long way in helping first-time homebuyers secure a residential property of their dreams. Once you’re aware of the basics, apply for a Bajaj Housing Finance Limited Home Loan to enjoy CLSS benefits. By doing so you can get an interest subsidy of up to Rs.2.67 lakh. Additionally, when you apply for this home loan you can get up to Rs. 5 Crore* for a maximum tenor of 30 years. What’s more, thanks to lenient eligibility criteria you can easily qualify for this loan and unlock other features as well. With facilities such as property dossier and doorstep services, you can become a homeowner with even greater ease.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply