UAN or Universal Account Number, is essential for accessing your PF records and ensuring all your savings are being credited to your account. In addition, accessing the UAN Member Portal through your UAN will help you simplify the various tasks that otherwise would have meant visiting your local Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation or EPFO office.
What is UAN?
UAN (Universal Account Number) is a 12-digit number given to every employee who contributes to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF). It is provided by Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and remains same even if you switch jobs. UAN makes it easier for you to manage your PF accounts.
Why is UAN Important?
The UAN is a unique identification number allotted by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to its members. It helps members manage their Provident Fund (PF) accounts across different employers. The unique UAN remains the same until the retirement of an employee. It is essential to check the credits and debits in the PF account. Through UAN, individuals can withdraw and transfer funds without relying on the employer.
If you are looking for a safe investment option that provides guaranteed returns at high interest, you can consider Fixed Deposit (FD). Unlike other investment options, FDs are not affected by market fluctuations, and the interest rate remains fixed throughout your tenure. Bajaj Finance offers interest up to 8.85% p.a. on FD. Fixed Deposit offers by Bajaj Finance are AAA rated by financial agencies like CRISIL and ICRA making them of the safest invest option.
Features & Benefits of UAN
- Centralised employee information: UAN simplifies managing employee data.
- Easier verification: UAN lessens the burden on companies to verify employee details for the EPFO.
- Streamlined access: The EPFO can directly access member bank details and KYC through the UAN, eliminating reliance on employers.
- Job tracking: The EPFO can easily track an employee's job changes using the UAN system.
How is the EPFO portal helpful for an employee?
- You can easily see how much money is in your PF account.
- You can check and download a list of all your PF transactions.
- If you applied for PF withdrawal or transfer, you could check where it is in process.
- You can activate SMS service, so that you can receive timely update.
- You can update your KYC details using EPFO portal.
How to Activate UAN on EPFO Portal
Step 1: Visit this link on your browser
Step 2: Select ‘Our Services’
Step 3: In the drop-down menu select ‘For employees’. On this page, click on ‘Member UAN/ Online Services'. The page that now opens will take you to the UAN Member Portal
Step 4: On this page, click on ‘Activate your UAN', which is located under ‘Important Links’ on the right-hand side
Step 5: Enter details as prompted, such as:
- Universal Account Number or UAN
- Your mobile number (this number is your ‘registered mobile number’)
- Your Provident Fund Member ID
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Get authorisation PIN’
Step 6: Request for OTP
Step 7: You will then receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Click on ‘I Agree’ and enter the OTP as received on your registered mobile number
Step 8: Finally, click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’
You will now receive a password on your registered mobile number, which you need to access your UAN account. Further, you are free to change the password, and you can do this by logging into the UAN Member Portal.
The UAN Member Portal allows you to perform several operations at one go and brings all your information under the shed of your UAN number. Thus, it simplifies PF usage and gathers all necessary information to easily access at your comfort.