Discover how to manage your Provident Fund (PF) effortlessly using the UAN Member portal. This portal allows EPF contributors to access and manage their EPF accounts seamlessly, from checking balances, downloading passbooks, updating KYC details, to filing various claims. In this article, we will guide you on how to find your UAN number, register it and log in to the UAN Member Portal, and utilise the various services available on the platform.
What is UAN Member Portal?
The UAN Member Portal, offered by EPFO, is an online hub for various EPF services. Members can check their PF balances, download passbooks, update KYC, and more by logging in with their UAN and password. The UAN is a unique 12-digit identifier assigned to EPF contributors. The portal also facilitates tasks like filing nominations and online claims in case of a death of the member. To access it, visit the EPFO website or use the direct link to the UAN Member e-Sewa portal. Once logged in, members can view passbooks, download UAN card, and update KYC details.
How to find out your UAN?
Through the employer
Generally, employers notify you about Universal Account Number (UAN) to employees in case it is your first job.
Some employers include the UAN on salary slips, so you can check there as well.
Via UAN Portal using PF Number or Member ID
You can also obtain it through the UAN portal by following these steps:
- Visit the UAN Member Portal.
- Click on 'Know your UAN.' tab.
- Select ‘State’, respective EPFO office from the drop-down menu, enter PF number/ Member ID (you can get it from your salary slip), name, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha.
- Click on 'Get Authorisation Pin.'
- You will receive a pin on your registered mobile number. Enter the received PIN, click 'Validate OTP and get UAN.'
- Your UAN will be sent to your registered mobile number.
UAN Member e-Sewa Portal registration process
To activate and log in to the EPFO member portal using UAN, follow these steps:
- Visit the UAN portal, select the ‘Important Links’ tab and click on ‘Activate UAN’.
- Type your UAN, Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile no., and captcha.
- Then, click on ‘Get Authorisation Pin’.
- You will be redirected to the new screen, verify your details on the new screen.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ checkbox, enter the OTP you received on your registered mobile number, and click ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- Once the OTP is verified, your UAN will be successfully activated.
You will receive a password on your mobile number, use your UAN and password to login to UAN member portal.