EPF account holders have the option to withdraw funds under specific circumstances during and after their employment. Ensuring a smooth process involves keeping track of the EPF claim status. Staying updated is crucial for individuals to know the progress of their claim process. This article delves into the intricacies of PF claim status in India.
What is PF claim status?
EPF claim status refers to the most recent information regarding an application for EPF withdrawal. It offers insight into the progress of the claim process, allowing applicants to proactively address any errors or delays.
Eligibility to Apply for EPF Claim
- You can claim 100% of the EPF corpus after reaching the age of 55.
- You can claim of 90% of the EPF amount after reaching the age of 54, just 1 year before the retirement age.
- In case of unemployment, you can claim 75% of the EPF corpus.
- You can claim 100% of you EPF amount 2 months of continuous unemployment.
How to check PF claim status?
For employees seeking to withdraw from their PF account or those who have already initiated a claim for PF withdrawal, monitoring the status of their PF claim is possible through both online and offline methods. The following details elaborate on diverse approaches to effectively track its progress.
How to verify PF claim status online?
1. Via the UAN member portal
The online PF claim status can be verified through the UAN Member Portal using the following steps:
- Log in to your UAN Member Portal with your UAN and password.
- Navigate to 'Online Services.'
- Select 'Track Claim Status.'
- The comprehensive details of your withdrawal or transfer status will be displayed.
It is important to note that users who opted for an offline claim process should check their claim status on the EPFO's official website, as this portal is not applicable for offline applicants.
2. Via the EPFO portal
Individuals choosing this approach to verify their EPF claim status online can proceed through the following steps:
- To check the online PF claim status through this method, visit the dedicated portal of EPFO.
- Locate the 'Our Services' option.
- Under available tabs, click on 'For Employees.'
- Upon redirection to the next page, select the 'Service' option.
- Subsequently, access the 'Know your Claim Status' option.
- Enter your UAN and CAPTCHA in the designated fields.
- Click on the 'Search' option.
- Choose 'Member ID.'
- Finally, click on 'View Claim Status' to monitor the progress of your PF claim.
How to check claim status using the PF account number without UAN?
Employees can also check their PF claim status online using their PF account number with the following simple steps:
- Visit the official website of EPFO.
- Go to the 'Know your Claim Status' page.
- Open the 'Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status' option.
- Select your PF Office State from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your city from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your PF account number.
- Click 'Submit.'
Upon entering accurate details, the applicant's PF claim status will immediately appear on the screen. Similarly, individuals who have updated their current mobile number with the UAN can also check their claim status on the Umang App.
Steps to Check Claim Status Using the Umang App
Step 1 : Locate the EPFO option on the home page of the Umang App.
Step 2 : Choose the 'Employee Centric Services' option.
Step 3 : Then, access the 'Track Claim' option.
Step 4 : Input your UAN and click on 'Get OTP'.
Step 5 : Enter the OTP generated to authenticate and click on the 'Login' option.
By following these steps, employees can access details such as the tracking ID, type of claim, the date the claim was filed, and its current status.
Many applicants prefer the online PF claim status option due to its convenience, allowing them to complete the process in a matter of minutes. Additionally, there is no need to submit any documents to initiate the claim.
However, for those who are not entirely comfortable with online methods, alternative options are available for them to choose from.
Check your EPF claim status by giving a missed call
Employee can simply give a missed call to 9966044425 from their registered mobile number to check their PF claim status.
Check your EPF claim status by calling EPFO toll free number
To check the status of your EPF withdrawal or transfer claim, simply call the EPFO 24x7 customer care at 1800 118 005.
Check your EPF claim status via SMS
To track the status of a PF claim through SMS, employees must first link their mobile number with the UAN portal. Then, they need to send an SMS to 7738299899 in the format 'EPFOHO UAN LAN', where 'LAN' indicates the preferred language for receiving details.
How to verify PF claim status offline?
Via SMS: Applicants can monitor the progress of their PF claim by sending an SMS from the mobile number linked to the UAN portal. It is crucial to adhere to the specified SMS format when sending the message to the designated number for accurate tracking of the claim status. For example, the current SMS format is 'EPFOHO UAN LAN,' where 'LAN' denotes the language code chosen by users for accessing their claim details.
The provided table contains information on various languages along with their respective codes:
EPFOHO UAN LAN (Language)
Through a missed call: Employees also have the option to inquire about their claim status by giving a missed call from their registered mobile number on the toll-free number - 011-22901406. After the call is automatically disconnected, individuals will receive information regarding their PF claim status via an SMS on their registered mobile number.
It is important to note that applicants need to ensure the updated information of their Aadhaar, PAN, and bank account details on the UAN portal for this process.
Who qualifies for EPF claims?
Individuals holding an EPF account are eligible to claim the accrued funds under the following circumstances.
- Upon retirement: EPF account holders aged 55 or above can claim the entire EPF corpus. However, those who choose early retirement are not permitted to claim the full value.
- Pre-retirement: Employees aged 54 can claim up to 90% of their EPF corpus if they retire after one year.
- During unemployment: In the event of unemployment lasting over a month, account holders can claim up to 75% of their EPF corpus. Upon starting a new job, they must transfer 25% to their EPF account. Individuals unemployed for over two months are allowed to claim the entire EPF corpus.
It is important to note that partial withdrawal is permitted only for funding higher education, medical emergencies, or the construction/purchase of a house property.
How to commence the EPF claim procedure?
Before initiating a PF claim, whether through online or offline methods, applicants must submit the relevant claim form to the appropriate authority.
To elaborate, considerations such as the applicant's age, employment status, and reason for withdrawal are taken into account to determine the suitable form for a given case.
The following outlines the appropriate claim form for each situation:
- Form 13: Used to transfer the accumulated fund to a new EPF account in the case of a job change.
- Form 14: Employed to pay for one's LIC policy.
- Form 31: Applied for advance/temporary withdrawal of EPF.
- Form 10D: Utilised to claim the pension fund when the account holder is below 58 years of age and has to leave an establishment due to physical disability.
- Form 20: Allows a nominee to claim the PF of the deceased EPF member.
- Form 10C: Employed to claim Scheme Certificate/Withdrawal Benefit as per the Employees' Pension Scheme.
What are the types of PF Claim Status?
1. Payment under process:
- Your claim is still being processed
- The status will change to "Claim Settled" after EPFO transfers money to your bank account
- Your claim has been accepted and processed by EPFO
- Money has been transferred to the bank, or it will happen soon
Your claim could be rejected by your previous or current employer for reasons like:
- Mismatch in details
- Signature discrepancy
4. Not Available:
- The claim is not processed yet