Tips Reduce Your Home Loan EMI
There are several strategies that you can adopt in order to reduce your home loan EMI. You will obviously have calculated the monthly repayment amount in advance with a home loan EMI calculator. You can try using a home loan EMI calculator
to know the EMI if you can. Here’s how you can reduce your home loan EMI-
• Make a higher down payment in order to lower the principal amount and hence your EMI amount will be reduced since the lower the principal amount, the lower will be the interest that you have to pay. This will help you save more money in the long run.
• You can choose a longer home loan tenor in order to lower the EMI. The monthly payment will be lower although you will end up paying more interest on the loan for a longer tenor.
• Prepayments are good ways to lower your EMI for a large part of your home loan tenor
. Early prepayments for a chunk of the loan in the early stages will help you lower the principal amount and save money on future interest costs.
• You can negotiate with your lender in case you already have a good track record of repayment and get a lower home loan interest rate
. In case you pay your EMIs on time and have been a long-standing customer, the financial institution may choose to lower your interest rate, thereby lowering your monthly EMI.
• Home Loan Balance Transfer - In case another lender offers a lower rate of interest and improved terms and conditions, you can transfer your home loan
accordingly. However, work out the costs of prepayment of the loan with the current lender and make sure that these are not higher than your projected savings due to the new lender’s lower interest rate. The lower interest rate will automatically equate to a lower EMI.
Also Read: How to Reduce Home Loan Interest