To provide affordable housing to the state residents, the Andhra Pradesh government rolled out the NTR housing scheme in 2016. This affordable AP housing scheme comes under PMAY and observes the same objectives of ‘housing for all.’
The NTR housing scheme caters to the underprivileged belonging to both urban and rural areas of the state. Earlier this year, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated over 4 lakh budget homes under the third phase of the AP housing scheme. The scheme offers a low-interest NTR housing loan via approved financial institutions to eligible beneficiaries to assist the poor in securing a permanent roof over their head. Read on to know about the NTR Housing Scheme in detail.
Objective of the NTR housing scheme
Following suit of PMAY, the AP NTR housing scheme aims to facilitate:
- Affordable permanent housing to the homeless
- Affordable reconstruction of existing houses
Cost of homes under the NTR housing scheme in Andhra Pradesh
The houses are equipped with the following star rated appliances that are energy efficient:
- A house of 430 sq.ft. will cost Rs. 7.71 lakh
- A house of 365 sq.ft. cost Rs. 6.74 lakh
- A house of 300 sq.ft. will cost Rs. 5.62 lakh
The houses will be equipped with the following star rated appliances that are energy efficient
- 9W LED bulb
- 20W LED tube light
- 50W fan
- LED streetlights in the surrounding areas
Subsidy for beneficiaries of the AP NTR housing scheme
The scheme offers the following interest subsidy via NTR housing loan:
- The beneficiaries of the NTR Rural Housing scheme receive a subsidy of Rs. 1.5 lakh
- The SC/ ST beneficiaries get an additional subsidy of Rs. 50,000
- The beneficiary of the PMAY NTR Urban scheme gets a subsidy of Rs. 2.5 lakh
Eligibility criteria for the AP NTR housing scheme
To be eligible under the scheme, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- You should have a white ration card or a below poverty line (BPL) card
- You should not own land or house under any other government housing scheme
Documents required to apply for the AP NTR housing scheme
When applying for the NTR housing loan, this scheme, you are required to submit the following documents:
- Residential address proof: Documents stating your permanent and present address.
- Housing details: Information about the size of the existing house you own in any part of the country. Also mention the size of the home, the number of rooms and their size as per your requirements.
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card is mandatory; other than that, you can produce your voter ID and driving license.
- Income proof: Certificate or document stating your income and nature of work. You are also required to mention the details of your family income, number of family members and their age. You should also submit their age proofs.
- Bank details: Your bank account number and branch name. You should also mention these details in the application form.
- Other documents: You are required to submit proof of your caste and religion.
NTR house scheme application
As this scheme is a part of PMAY, the NTR house scheme application is the same as PMAY. To initiate the process, you have to fill an online application form available on PMAY’s website. Here are the steps:
- Visit the PMAY website
- Log in to the page with your credentials
- Once you are logged in, select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option
- Choose from ‘For Slum Dwellers’ or ‘Benefits under other 3 Components’ as applicable to you
- Enter your Aadhaar details
- On successful verification of your details, you will be redirected to the application page
- Fill up the form with accurate details
- Next, key in the captcha code correctly
- Click on the ‘Save’ option
Your application will then be verified. If you are eligible for the scheme, you will receive intimation via email and residential address.
How to check the beneficiaries list for the AP NTR Housing Scheme
You can also check the beneficiary list to see if you are selected to become a homeowner under this scheme. Follow these steps:
- Visit this site
- On the home page, click on the ‘Gruha Pravesh Mahotsvam Ben List’ tab
- You will be then redirected to a new page that lists the selected beneficiaries
- On the page, select the function type and key in the name of your scheme
- Next, click on the ‘Get a Report’ tab to view the report of your selected scheme
- The report section contains various links for different beneficiaries across the state
- Continue clicking on each link till you find the beneficiaries’ list that applies to you
- Click on the ‘Export to Excel’ tab to download the beneficiary list or export it to an excel sheet for your reference
Once you are selected as a beneficiary under the scheme, your next step is to find a suitable lender who offers value-added features on an NTR housing loan that make for an excellent borrowing experience. For instance, Bajaj Finserv offers a home loan of Rs. 5 Crore, or higher basis eligibility, at nominal interest rates that you can pay via a flexible tenor of up to30 years. To expedite your financing to become a homeowner this year, you check your pre-approved home loan offer from Bajaj Finserv to view your customized deal.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply