Health Insurance is the best way to protect oneself from unforeseen expenses due to medical emergencies. To ensure you are adequately covered under a health insurance plan, Max Bupa Health Insurance offers a wide range of plan options like the individual, family floater, and top-up protection covers, considering the customers' diverse medical needs.
Highlights of Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
Keeping up with the evolving digitalization, Max Bupa Health Insurance offers Max Bupa Health App for its customers. Max Bupa offers a scope of benefits like 30 minutes cashless claim process, instant reimbursement facility, an extensive network of over 7,000 hospitals, in-house guarantee claim settlement, and more.
Following are the health coverage plans offered by the insurer:
Max Bupa Health Companion plan comes with a host of smart features that caters to everything you need in a health cover. It is truly the smarter way to manage your entire family’s health.
Max Bupa Health Assurance provides financial coverage during sudden emergencies like accidents, assuring you avail quality treatment at the time of need. You can also get the triple-layered advantage of CritiCare and AccidentCare.
Max Bupa Health Recharge enhances your family’s health insurance cover with this super top-up plan. It covers medical expenses against personal accidents and critical illness and offers a plethora of features and benefits.
Here’s a quick glance at the plan details offered by Max Bupa:
|Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans||Sum Insured (Rs.)||IPD Hospitals List –||Pre-&Post-hospitalisation||Modern Treatment (Robotic treatment)|
|Health Companion: (Variant 1,2 & 3)||From Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 1 crore||7,000||30- 60 days||NA|
|Health Assurance (Accident Care and Critical Care)||From Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh
Note: For over Rs. 50 lakh cover financial underwriting is required
|Health Recharge||From Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 95 lakh
Deductible: From Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
|7,000||60- 90 days||Cover up to SI (Sub-limits applicable on few conditions)|
Here's a list of five significant benefits you can avail from Max Bupa Health Insurance:
• Annual health check-ups
The company's health insurance policies include complementary health check-ups once a year or every 2-4 policy years. This benefit enables policyholders to track and manage their health.
• Cashless benefits
Max Bupa's claims are handled by an in-house claim settlement department. The organisation has ties with over 4,500 network hospitals, ensuring that your health insurance claims are settled without cash. Furthermore, the organisation guarantees that your cashless claims will be pre-authorized after 30 minutes of notification, making the procedure swift.
• Protection from medical expenses
The company's health plans include extensive coverage advantages, which ensure that the majority of your medical expenses are covered. You will get coverage against inpatient hospitalisation, pre- and post-hospitalisation, daycare treatments, organ donation expenditures, ambulance cover, and more with Max Bupa's health insurance.
• Tax benefits
The premium you pay for a Max Bupa health insurance coverage qualifies for a tax deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
• Reinstatement Benefit
The policy base sum covered is re-filled and made available to the insured when the same or a different illness hits in the same policy year.
Here are the steps to purchase health insurance plans offered by Max Bupa Health Insurance:
• Stage 1: Choose any of the hospitals under the cashless network and get admitted.
• Stage 2: Show the hospital your Max Bupa Health Card. You can also supply your policy number as well as any other acceptable form of personal identification, such as a passport, PAN card, or voter's ID.
• Stage 3: The hospital will submit the pre-authorisation request form to Max Bupa after verifying your identity.
• Stage 4: Within 30 minutes, Max Bupa will react and offer confirmation to both the hospital and you.
• Stage 5: The claim will be settled directly with the hospital after all processes have been completed.
• Stage 1: If you are admitted to a hospital, please notify Max Bupa within 48 hours, regardless of whether you are in a network or non-network facility.
• Stage 2: You will be required to clear the hospital bill on your own.
• Stage 3: Collect all essential documentation, bills, reports, and a discharge statement once you've been discharged.
• Stage 4: Send these documents to Max Bupa, along with a completed and signed claim form, proof of ID, and proof of age.
• Stage 5: Following a review of your claim, you will either be authorised for reimbursement or denied, depending on the policy's terms and conditions.
• Stage 6: The amount you are entitled to will be reimbursed.
You may renew your insurance by the following procedure below:
Here are the key offerings by the insurance company:
Note: A health insurance product also has an Exclusions list along with Waiting Period in general and for specific Pre-Existing diseases. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Ans. Max Bupa Health Insurance covers every legitimate expenditure incurred by the insured during hospitalization.
Ans. TPA (Third-party Administrator) from Max Bupa Health Insurance is a corporate agent who operates in the companies’ network hospitals. Following every medical emergency, TPA assists policyholders in obtaining cashless hospitalization or reimbursement solutions.
Ans. Yes, Max Bupa Health Insurance covers the medical expenses incurred during hospitalisations up to the sum insured under the policy. However, you must check if any waiting period is applicable before availing the facilities to avoid confusion at the time of claiming the benefits.
Ans. A medical examination is not always required, and it depends on your age. You can check the policy terms and conditions to know whether a pre-policy medical examination is required or not. Mostly, policyholders of age 60 years and above require a pre-policy check-up from the authorised diagnostic center.
Ans. Max Bupa Health Insurance offers a wide range of comprehensive health insurance plans that cater to every individual’s needs. You can choose from the various plans offered by the insurer that suits the best for your needs.
Did you know, a good CIBIL score can help you get a better deal on loans and credit cards?