What is Bharat Bill Payment System
As an integrated, interoperable payments platform, BPPS or Bharat Bill Payment System facilitates bill payments across a variety of billing categories, including but not limited to electricity, gas, water, DTH, mobile recharge, cable, municipal taxes, insurance premiums etc. Conceptualised by the RBI and maintained by the NPCI, the Bharat Bill Payment System is a safe and reliable one-stop payment destination for customers where they can pay for a wide range of services using electronic modes of payment. Moreover, since the BBPS platform can be accessed anytime, anywhere, through a mobile or laptop, paying recurring bills becomes exceptionally easy and convenient for the customer.
Terms and conditions
When you access the BBPS portal to make transactions, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Customers must note down their transaction IDs and preserve the same for future reference as this unique reference number may be needed for lodging a complaint or tracking one's transaction status
- Customers need to submit their contact details to receive payment confirmation notifications
- When initiating a transaction through the Bharat Bill Pay portal, customers need to fill in their relevant bill details carefully
- The billers listed on a bank's website may vary as per their availability on the official BBPS site
- If any losses are incurred for transactions initiated through a banking app or website, the bank itself will not be liable. This includes damages resulting from server delays, internet outages, system failures or errors etc.
- Customers can raise service and transaction complaints on the Bharat Bill Pay portal
- Ideally, all BBPS users should go through the listed FAQs before using the Bharat Bill Payment system
- Customers must review the terms and conditions of using the Bharat Bill Payment System carefully, before proceeding to the transaction stage
Frequently asked questions
What to do if my money is deducted for failed payments?
If your money is deducted from your bank account for a failed payment, there is no need to worry as your money is absolutely safe. The amount will be refunded into your account within 3 to 5 days from the date you made the payment. You can check your relevant bank account statement after 5 days for a refund confirmation.
What if my payment is successful but the money has not reached the receiver?
Your recharge/bill payment may be taking longer than usual to process. This usually happens when we are not able to get confirmation of payment from your bank or not able to get the status of your recharge from the biller. In such scenarios, we assure you that your money is safe and will be refunded to you in case of payment failure.
I have accidentally made a payment towards the wrong bill. What should I do?
Since you have already made the payment, we will not be able to modify or cancel it as the payment benefit has already been delivered to the recipient (you).
How can I cancel my recharge?
You cannot cancel a recharge once you initiate a request on Bajaj Pay. This applies to pending recharges as well.
Why is my recharge payment pending?
Recharges on Bajaj Pay are instant, but sometimes there may be a delay in receiving the status of recharge from operators.
While most pending recharges are successful within 1 hour, in rare cases it may take up to 48 hours. You can check the final status of your pending recharge in the History section of your Bajaj Pay app.
If your recharge fails for any reason, the entire amount will be refunded to you as per the refund timelines below:
UPI: 5 business days
Wallet: T+1 where T means the date of the transaction and 1 means the subsequent day
Are there any fees and charges for making any recharge or bill payment transactions with Bajaj Finserv?
Yes. fees and charges may apply to certain categories of recharge and bill payment transactions. Please find below the detailed fees and charges:
1. For mobile recharge (both prepaid and postpaid):
A platform fee of up to Rs. 5 will be charged on each mobile recharge and bill payment (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
2. For all biller except mobile recharges:
A convenience fee of up to 2% will be charged depending on the transaction amount and payment mode (inclusive of applicable taxes). For more information on fees and charges, click here.
Note: For failed transactions, the total amount including charges except taxes are reversed.
What happens if I recharge twice?
In case you have accidentally recharged the same number twice, you will receive the benefits for both recharges.
How do I check if my plan is applied?
Most recharges are instant, and the operator sends the confirmation message on the recharged number within a few minutes.
To check if your plan is applied, dial the following balance inquiry number for your service provider.
VI- Dial *199#
Jio- Dial 1299 to get an SMS with details of your active plan
Airtel - *121*51#
If you've confirmed that the plan details have not been applied, please directly contact your operator and share the operator reference ID for help with this. You can find the operator reference ID within the History section of your Bajaj Pay app.
Note: If you have recharged for someone else, the balance inquiry to check if the plan is applied should be made from the mobile number of the person you made the recharge for.
Learn more about Operator ID and how to use it.
Why is my credit card bill payment not reflecting in my card account even after successful payment?
Your card issuing bank may take up to 2 working days to complete the payment and reflect in our credit card account.
Please always remember to pay your credit card bill at least 2 working days before the due date to avoid late fee charges.
When will I receive my gas cylinder?
Once you have paid for your cylinder booking on Bajaj Pay, it takes up to 3-5 working days for the cylinder to get delivered.
For further details on the cylinder delivery date, contact your distributor/ agency or gas provider.
Bharat Gas at 1800-2243-44 (toll-free)
HP Gas at 1800-2333-555 (toll-free)
Indane Gas at 18002333555 (toll-free)
I have accidentally recharged the wrong number. What should I do?
We regret the inconvenience caused, however once a recharge is successful, the same cannot modified or cancelled, as the top-up balance or recharge benefit has already reached the recipient (you).
However, if you still have any query, please contact the customer support team of your network provider directly.
Are there any transaction charges applicable on prepaid mobile recharges using the Bajaj Finserv app?
You may be charged a nominal platform fee for prepaid mobile recharges using the Bajaj Finserv app T&C apply.
Will transaction charges be refunded if my transaction fails but money is debited from my account?
If you have paid a fee and charges for a failed transaction, the amount will be refunded to you.
What do you mean by 'Rewards in Process"?
'Rewards in Process' refers to the rewards that are initially locked and get unlocked only after you complete the 'Offer
For example, 'Rewards in Process' cashback for wallet creation gets unlocked only after you make your first wallet load*
*Minimum wallet load amount applicable
Where can I see my vouchers, cashback and Bajaj Coins?
To view your vouchers, cashback, and Bajaj Coins, please go to the link given below:
My Bajaj Coins have expired. Can I get them restored?
You cannot restore or redeem expired Bajaj Coins.
Can I transfer my rewards cashback to a bank account? Is there any charge for the same?
Rewards cashback cannot be transferred to a bank account.
However, you can use your rewards cashback for making payment transactions with us.
My voucher has expired. Can I activate it again?
Vouchers are provided with a clearly mentioned expiry date and they cannot be re-activated. Kindly refer to the voucher T&C for more details.
Where can I use my Bajaj Coins?
You can use your Bajaj Coins to:
- Purchase vouchers of various brands on Bajaj Dealz
- To make bill payments and recharges
I made a transaction but didn't receive any Bajaj Coins for the same. What should I do?
We regret the inconvenience caused. There may be a delay due to some technical issues. We request you wait for some time and re-check the 'Bajaj Coins' section of the app.
However, if you still cannot find your Bajaj Coins, please raise a request/complaint with us by following these steps:
- Go to the 'Menu' at the top left of the home page
- Select 'HELP AND SUPPORT'
- Click on 'Raise A Request' at the bottom of the screen
- Select the category for which you want to raise a request
I suspect that someone else is using my account on the Bajaj Finserv App to make transactions without my consent. What should I do?
If you suspect that someone else is using your account, we request you to do the following:
- Change your account password
- Logout from Bajaj Finserv app after a transaction is done
Moreover, if you come across any unauthorised transaction, please raise a dispute with us on the 'BILLS AND RECHARGES' page.
How can I report an unauthorised/ fraudulent transaction on my Bajaj Pay Wallet?
In such cases, please raise a request with us by following these steps:
- Click on the 'PASSBOOK' under the 'BAJAJ PAY' section on the home screen
- Scroll to the 'BAJAJ PAY WALLET' section
- Click on the transaction for which you wish to raise a request/ query
- Click on 'REPORT THIS AS FRAUD'
- Describe your fraud details
- Click on 'SUMBIT'
I want to view my recharge/ transaction details. Where can I check the same on my Bajaj Finserv app?
On successfully completing a transaction, you will get an instant confirmation of the same followed by a receipt sent to your registered email ID or mobile number. To view or download your transaction receipt, please follow the below steps:
- Go on the home screen of Bajaj Finserv app
- Go to 'PASSBOOK' section
- Click on the transaction to know more details or to share/ download the receipt
I have made a payment. Where will I get the receipt for it?
On successful completion of the transaction/ bill payment, you will get an instant confirmation followed by the receipt of the same on your registered email ID or mobile number. You can also view or download your receipt in the 'PASSBOOK' section of the Bajaj Finserv App.
How can I raise a request/ complaint?
To raise a complaint/ request, please follow the below steps:
- Go to the homepage of the Bajaj Finserv app
- Go to the 'PASSBOOK'
- Click on 'QUICK HELP/FAQ' at the bottom of the screen
- Go through the FAQs and if not satisfied with the given answer, then click on the 'STILL HAVE A QUERY' option given at the bottom of the screen to raise a dispute
To raise a request now, please click here
How can I track the status of my complaint/ request?
To track your request/ complaint status, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the 'MENU' button at the top left of the home screen
- Select 'HELP AND SUPPORT '
- Go to 'MY RAISED REQUESTS'
- Click on the 'VIEW ALL' option
- Choose the request you wish to check the status of To check the status of your complaint now, please click here