EPF, or Employees' Provident Fund, is a government scheme that helps people save for retirement. Employees and employers both contribute to employees PF account each month which helps employees build a substantial retirement corpus over time. EPF Form 11 is useful for employers to check if the employee is already part of the EPF scheme or not.
What is EPF Form 11?
EPF Form 11 is filled by employees upon joining a company under the EPF scheme. As per the EPF Act of 1952, this self-declaration form mandates employees to share details about their previous EPF account. The form also helps in the automatic transfer of funds from the old PF account to the new EPF account, eliminating the need separately fill Form 13 for PF transfers.
Purpose of EPF Form 11
- If the new employee is already a member of Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, they will receive scheme benefits with a new Member ID.
- If the new employee was not a member of EPFO, and their current salary exceeds Rs. 15,000 per month, they can choose not to contribute to EPF/EPS, making them an Excluded Employee.
- The form also helps in the automatic transfer of PF funds from the previous account to a new one.
How to get EPF Form 11 online?
You can download Form 11 from the EPF website.
Here the details you need to fill in EPF form 11:
- Member’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Email Id and mobile number
- Previous employment details such as the UAN, PF account number, date of exit
- KYC details like bank account number, Aadhar number, PAN
Additionally, the following documents must be provided by the employer:
- Employee’s date of joining
- Provident fund ID number assigned to the employee
- UAN of the employee
- Verification of the employee’s details
EPF Form 11 submissions
- After filling out Form 11, submit it to your employer.
- Your employer will sign and stamp your form and will submit it to the regional EPF office.
Responsibility of the employer of the establishment
- Obtain the filled EPF Form No. 11 (new format) declaration from all new entrants within one month. Upload this information on the UAN portal within 25 days from the end of each month
- Share the UAN details generated by EPFO with all existing EPF members within 15 days of receiving the UAN
- Link KYC details (PAN, Aadhaar card, and bank account) of members within one month of receiving the UAN
- If members do not have an Aadhaar card, the employer should submit the ‘Aadhaar Acknowledgement Slip’ within a month from receiving the UAN
- Upon receiving an employee's Aadhaar information, upload the details on the UAN Portal within 15 days
- Before submitting claim forms to the EPFO, make sure all the required field are filled
EPF Form 11 plays a crucial role in the Employees' Provident Fund scheme, facilitating the seamless transition of employees into the system. It helps in consolidating previous PF accounts, determining eligibility for scheme benefits, and streamlining the contribution process.
Employers must ensure timely submission and verification of Form 11 to uphold compliance with EPF regulations.