Skill India is an initiative launched by the government in 2015 to train over 40 crore Indians in different industry-related jobs. The vision is to create an empowered workforce by 2022 with the help of various schemes and training courses. Part of the Skill India Mission is to cater to skill development in India through a result-oriented framework that corresponds with the needs of the industry. Further, Skill India registration involves a straightforward online procedure and allows you to enrol either as a trainer or a candidate.
The Skill India Scheme is a smart initiative that works toward the development of the country. Here’s all you need to know about this mission.
What are the components of Skill India’s PMKVY?
The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is deemed as Skill India’s flagship skill development scheme. Its objective is to enable youth to take up training to secure a better livelihood. Assessment and training fees under this scheme are covered by the Government, and individuals with prior experience can get certified.
The components of PMKVY are as follows:
- Short-term training: Under this module, training is provided to college/ school dropouts and the unemployed. People are empowered per the National Skills Qualification Framework and also in fields like soft skills, digital literacy and entrepreneurship.
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: This module encourages active participation from the community to foster transparency and accountability.
- Recognition of prior learning: Individuals with prior experience get certified and receive access to Bridge Courses to cater to knowledge gaps.
- Special projects: Those training programmes that deviate from the standard framework find a place within this facet of the scheme.
- Monitoring guidelines: To ensure that quality is maintained at the designated training centres, the scheme undertakes proper monitoring of the centres.
- Placement guidelines: To ensure that a skilled workforce is guided into the right field as per the demands of the market, the scheme follows strict placement rules.
What are the objectives of the Skill India programme?
The main objective of the Skill India programme is to provide adequate training in market-relevant skills to over 40 crore youth by 2022. It also aims to create opportunities for the development of talent within the country and improve the overall scope and space for underdeveloped sectors. It does so with assistance from the National Skill Development Corporation or NSDC.
What is the list of Skill India courses?
Various courses are broadly divided into 5 main categories for Skill India courses, which include:
- Management and development programmes: Financial statement analysis, modern office practice, marketing for managers, etc.
- Training of trainer: Accreditation program for EM trainers, technology infusion, etc.
- Entrepreneurship development programmes: Women EDP, women empowerment, CRR scheme, etc.
- Skill development programmes: Dairy based ESDP, carpentry, electroplating, fashion designing, etc.
- Other skills: Promotion of micro-enterprises, cluster development, lending strategies for MSMEs, etc.
What are the benefits of the Skill India programme?
The Skill India programme has numerous benefits. For instance, with proper skill development, the youth of India can access better-paying jobs and experience a higher standard of living. Further, with proper development at the grassroots level, every sector within the economy will experience equal growth. Lastly, with trained Indians entering the workforce, better results can be achieved at a quicker pace, which has the potential to boost the country’s economic growth.
What are the schemes for skill development launched by Government of India
The schemes for skill development in India are as follows:
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP)
- Standard Training Assessment and Reward Scheme (STAR)
- Polytechnic Schemes
- Vocationalisation of Education
Trained candidates can also secure Skill India jobs and use it as a platform to boost their economic status. Alternatively, with the skills you learn through the initiative, you can also establish yourself as an entrepreneur and set up your own business. However, for a venture such as this, you will need sizable funding. Thankfully, you can opt for a secured borrowing option like the Bajaj Finserv Loan Against Property.
You can get a loan of Rs. 5 crore and even more, if you have a strong credit profile at low loan against property interest rate. Further, you can also qualify for this secured loan easily as it has lenient eligibility criteria and repay it conveniently over a flexible tenor of up to 18 years. To expedite the application and hasten the speedy, 72-hour disbursal, check your pre-approved offer for instant approval via a customised deal.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply