The availability of loans against gold ornaments as collateral allows you to utilise the underlying value of the precious metal and raise necessary funding during emergencies. Today, you can even complete a gold loan application online by following a few simple steps only.
The eligibility and documentation requirements for gold loan are minimal. Meet simple gold loan eligibility criteria and complete minimal paperwork to apply for the loan. The pledged gold can be stored safely at the nearest branch of your lender and recovered once the entire loan repayment is complete.
Eligibility and documents required
Anyone can apply for a gold loan from Bajaj Finance. The minimum age limit for gold loan is 21 years and maximum limit extends up to 70 years. Gold jewellery to be pledged must meet a purity level from 18 Karats to 22 Karats.
As secured advances, gold loans do not mandatorily require you to hold a minimum credit score. Neither does it affect the interest rate levied on a loan against gold. You can use our online gold loan calculator to assess your maximum eligibility for the advance. It can help you understand the per gram rate for your pledged gold as per its weight and purity. It is also advisable to use a gold loan calculator before sending your gold loan application as it helps in choosing a suitable loan amount that will keep the instalments affordable.
The documents needed to apply for a gold loan include the following:
- Identity proof like Aadhaar Card, PAN card, voter ID card, passport, driving licence, or any other photo identity proof issued by an authorised body.
- Address proof like Aadhaar Card, voter ID card, passport, utility bills, ration card, or a letter issued by an authorised body or individual attesting to the applicant’s address.
Paperwork is not limited to these requirements strictly and may need you to submit additional documents if needed.
How to apply for gold loan online
You can easily complete your gold loan online application by following these simple steps:
- Step 1: Visit the Gold Loan section of the Bajaj Finance website.
- Step 2: Locate the ‘APPLY’ option and click on it to proceed.
- Step 3: Next, the page will open your online application form. Enter your first and last name as it appears on your PAN card.
- Step 4: Enter your 10-digit mobile number and select your city.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number and submit the application.
Once you have submitted your gold loan application online, a Bajaj Finance representative will assist you in arranging an appointment at the gold loan branch of your preference.