The income tax (IT) department issues a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code called a Permanent Account Number (PAN) to every individual and non-individual taxpayer in the country. All your tax-related information is stored against this PAN number, facilitating seamless transactions and tracking of tax-related information.
The IT department has now introduced an e-PAN card that can be downloaded from the official income tax department website or the NSDL-TIN or UTI-ITSL websites. The latter two, UTI-ITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) and NSDL-TIN (National Securities Depository Limited), are authorised to issue PAN cards.
Irrespective of which platform and route you take, you can download an e-PAN card using your PAN number or acknowledgement number, making the download process hassle-free.
Methods to download PAN card (e-PAN card) online
e-PAN download via National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website
- Log on to the NSDL online portal and click ‘Download e-PAN card’
- Enter your 15-digit acknowledgement number
- Fill in the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’. An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number/ email ID as per your selection
- Enter the OTP in the field and click on ‘Validate’
- Now, click on the ‘Download PDF’ option
- The downloaded PDF is password-protected, with the password being your date of birth
- Enter your date of birth to open the PDF
e-PAN download via the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITLS) website
- Log on to the official UTIITLS portal, click on ‘PAN card services’ and then on ‘Download e-PAN’
- Correctly enter your PAN number, date of birth and GSTIN number, if applicable
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’
- A link will be sent to your mobile number and email ID
- Click on the link, and after undergoing OTP authentication, download your e-PAN card
e-PAN download via IT department website
- Go to the official IT website and search for ‘e-PAN card’
- Click on the ‘e-PAN (beta version)’ link and then on ‘Check instant e-PAN status’
- Enter your acknowledgement number, captcha code and click on ‘Submit’
- Undergo the OTP generation process
- Fill in the OTP to get access to a page where you can download your e-PAN card from
e-PAN card download by PAN number
If you want to use your PAN to carry out the e-PAN card download online, use the NSDL or UTIITSL website.
- In case of NSDL website, click on ‘Download e-PAN card (for PAN allotted older or more than 30 days)’
- For UTIITSL, click on the ‘Download e-PAN’ option, navigating it through ‘PAN card services’
- Enter your PAN and other details
- Key in the OTP to download your e-PAN card
- Access the document using your date of birth if the PDF is password-protected
Now that you know how to download an online e-PAN card, use your e-PAN card as proof of identity, such as obtaining a credit card like Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. This card provides you with the power of 4 cards in 1, ensuring that you can tackle various situations. Depending on your needs, you can use it as a debit card, credit card, EMI card or loan card. Moreover, the card comes in different variants, giving you access to various credit card deals, ideal for your financial profile. To avail of all these benefits and more, check your pre-approved credit card offer from Bajaj Finserv today.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply