PAN stands for Permanent Account Number and is a unique identification number issued by the Income Tax department of India to identify every taxpayer in the country. Your PAN holds all your tax-related information in one place, and as your PAN card links all your financial transactions to you, it allows the Income Tax Department to maintain a detailed record of all the same. Therefore, the system helps thwart tax evasion extensively.
PAN is not only a card necessary to file IT returns, but you also need it for several other reasons such as in order to open a bank account, when applying for a debit/ credit card, when applying for loans, when starting an FD, and for insurance payments. You can use it as a proof of identity and you have to mandatorily furnish it when initiating a foreign currency exchange. Moreover, submitting a copy of your PAN card is essential when you’re buying/ selling vehicles, property, and even when you’re purchasing jewellery.
If you are wondering how to make PAN card, you can do so easily by submitting your application to TIN-FC or an NSDL PAN centre. NSDL also accepts applications online and has a step-wise procedure on how to apply PAN card online. Whether you want to know how to apply for new PAN card or wish to correct your existing one, TIN-NSDL enables you to do so conveniently from the comfort of your home.
How to apply for a PAN card online?
The process of how to apply for a PAN card online is very simple. All you have to do is follow the below-mentioned simple steps and fill in the necessary details and upload documents on the official website of TIN-NSDL. Once you complete the steps, the physical copy of your PAN card will be delivered to you within 15 days. Here is the stepwise procedure on how to get a PAN card online.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of TIN-NSDL and navigate to the PAN section under ‘Services’ to apply online. Optionally, click on this link to do so. Here, fill in the details like application type (Form 49A for Indian citizens), category (individual), title (Shri/ Smt/ Kumari), your name, date of birth, and contact details. Enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the ‘Submit’ button. Note the token number generated, and proceed with PAN application.
- Step 2: You will now be redirected to a page where you will have three options using which you need to submit the documents for your PAN card application. Here you can either submit the documents digitally using e-KYC and e-sign, submit scanned images via e-sign or forward documents physically. Once you decide on the document submission process, fill in the details in the form after reading the instructions carefully and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 3: At the next step you will have to fill in the details related to your source of income, address, as well as your contact information. You have the facility of saving the information at this stage by clicking on ‘Save Draft’.
- Step 4: This step requires you to enter your AO (Assessing Officer) details to assess the tax jurisdiction you qualify for. You will find this information on the same page. After filling the details, click on ‘Next’.
- Step 5: Finally, enter information about the documents you have submitted as proof of your identity, address, and date of birth. You will also be asked to upload your photograph and signature. Do this and click on the ‘Submit’ button
After submitting the application and making the payment, you will get an OTP on your mobile number linked to your Aadhaar. Upon entering the OTP, print the receipt with the 15-digit acknowledgment number. Sign this receipt and send it to the NSDL office via courier or post within 15 days from the application date. Subscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN-N- (15-digit acknowledgment number)’.
Why is PAN card needed to get an EMI Network Card?
Now that you know how to get PAN card online, apply for one right away. Apart from helping you make key financial transactions, this PAN card also comes in handy when you want to shop your favourite products on easy EMIs. In order to shop on No Cost EMIs from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network, you must pay via the EMI Network Card. To apply for this card, you have to submit a handful of documents, including a copy of your PAN card. This way, you can easily shop for a range of products across categories on the EMI Network comprising 60,000+ partners, online and offline, spread in over 1,800 cities in India. So, what are you waiting for? If you still do not have a PAN card, apply for it today!
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply