Your CIBIL score is your credit score as determined by TransUnion CIBIL, a credit rating bureau. It is a 3-digit number, ranging from 300 to 900, and is based on the information in your credit report. One easy way to calculate your CIBIL score is to get it from TransUnion CIBIL itself by submitting your PAN card details, which serve as an identifier.
CIBIL Score Range
CIBIL Score Range
Since your PAN is linked with your financial accounts and tax payments, it helps CIBIL aggregate your data easily. You can check the CIBIL score by PAN, free of cost, once a year, or multiple times by paying the required fee. Here are the steps you should follow to check your CIBIL score by PAN card.
Additional Read: CIBIL dispute resolution
Procedure to check CIBIL score by PAN card
The best way to get your CIBIL score is to obtain it from the CIBIL website to ensure you can see the most recent updates. Follow these steps to carry out a CIBIL check by PAN verification:
- To check your CIBIL Score for free, log on to the CIBIL website
- Click on the button at the top right corner of the screen that reads: ‘Get your CIBIL score’
- Choose one of the subscription plans
- Provide details like your date of birth, mobile number and email address
- Create a password that you will use to login
- Select ‘Income Tax ID (PAN)’ as your ID type and enter your PAN
- Proceed to ‘verify your identity’ and answer all questions accurately
- Complete the process at the ‘make payment tab’
- If this is a one-time need, sidestep the subscriptions and proceed to your account
- Login to your account by authenticating yourself via email or OTP
- Enter details in the form that appears
- Submit the form to see your CIBIL score displayed on the dashboard
Additional Read: Improve your CIBIL score
Here are a few things to note as you go about this procedure:
- You can check CIBIL score for free by PAN verification once a year.
- You can also get your CIBIL score without a PAN card by using your passport, voter’s ID or driving license as your identifier.
- In case of inaccuracies, you can initiate a dispute through CIBIL’s website online or by regular post.
Additional Read: What is loan account number (LAN)?
Applying for a loan after checking your CIBIL score
You are most likely to conduct a CIBIL check by PAN free of cost before applying for a loan. This is a good thing to do, as your eligibility partially hinges on your score. A score of below 700 indicates some financial hiccups in your credit repayment and experience. Thus, obtaining a loan may be difficult. A CIBIL score of 700 to 750 is good, especially for secured loans. Having a high credit score of 750 and above helps you quickly obtain an unsecured loan like a personal loan.
Another way to streamline your loan application further is to avail of funding via a pre-approved loan offer. One financial solution that comes with such an option is Bajaj Finserv's Personal Loan. It offers you financing up to Rs. 25 lakh at economical interest rates for a flexible tenor of up to 60 months. The Flexi loan facility offered in this loan helps you borrow from your sanction in parts and pay interest only on what's withdrawn. Finally, you can pay EMIs that are lower by up to 45% when you choose to pay interest-only EMIs for the initial tenor.
Additional Read: Personal loan with bad CIBIL score
To get approval in under 5 minutes for this cost-effective loan, check your pre-approved Loan offer from Bajaj Finserv, and get an instant approval for a customised deal.
How do I check my CIBIL score?
You can check your CIBIL score for free right here on the Bajaj Finserv website (no consumer login or registration required).
All you need to do is follow these three simple steps:
Step 1: Share some basic information about yourself
Step 2: Verify your identity by confirming the OTP sent to your mobile number and email ID
Step 3: Check your CIBIL score and report.
It’s free and it is really that easy. And the best part? Checking your CIBIL score on the Bajaj Finserv website has no impact on your credit score!
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply