The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana or PMRY is a Central Government initiative that aims to provide self-employment opportunities to educated youths who are unemployed. The scheme, launched in 1993, offers an unemployed loan to youth and women. Under this scheme, budding entrepreneurs can access the funds needed to start a business venture in sectors like service, trade, manufacturing, etc.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana
Some of the key features of PMRY are:
- The repayment tenor for this loan ranges between 3 to 7 years, after the moratorium period.
- The scheme provides project cost coverage of Rs. 2 lakh, and Rs. 5 lakhs for the business, service, and industry sector respectively.
- Collateral-free loans of up to Rs. 1 lakh are available under the scheme.
- The scheme covers all economically viable business options, which include agricultural and allied activities. However, it excludes direct agricultural operations.
- The scheme provides a subsidy of 15% of the project cost with a maximum of Rs. 12,500 for every individual. For North-Eastern regions, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, and Jammu & Kashmir, the maximum subsidy extends to Rs. 15,000.
Eligibility requirements for Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana
- You need to an unemployed individual between 18 and 35 years of age
- You should have a minimum qualification equivalent to 8th standard passed
- Must be a permanent resident of a given area for at least 3 years
- Your family income, including that of your spouse, must be a minimum of Rs. 40,000 and should not exceed Rs. 1 Lakh
- You must not have defaulted in payments to any nationalised financial institution
Meet these eligibilities to apply for a loan under the Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana on the official website of PMRY. Several financial institutions also offer personal loan for unemployed individuals to assist them with necessary finance.
However, in order to enjoy the benefits on offer, applicants must meet a list of eligibility requirements. For those that do not qualify, a viable alternative to consider is the Bajaj Finserv Loan Against Property. With a high-value property, you can access a sizable sanction that can be used for all business expenses. What’s more, the lenient criteria and minimal documentation procedure make applications easy and hassle-free. Further, you can use the property loan EMI calculator to help plan your loan for maximum affordability.
Frequently asked questions
The Prime Minister Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) is one of the flagship schemes of the Indian Government. It is to create self-employment opportunities sustainable to 10 lakh unemployed and educated youth. Applying for the PMRY scheme in India is easy. Take a look:
- Once your project is finalized, you need to fill up a form and submit it by attaching the relevant documents and photographs. You will need to submit it at the District Industries Centre (DIC) or the bank where your loan is sought.
- Your application is reviewed, and selected ones are called for an interview. They are held in all districts.
- You can apply for a loan at any point during the year.
- 3 PMRY interviews are held in all districts.
- The task force committee is responsible for conducting the interviews and selecting eligible ones for the loan.
The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) has been implemented since 1993. PMRY is a scheme that has been designed to come up and provide sustainable self-employment opportunities. It is for 1 million educated and unemployed youth in India.
Preference is given to weaker sections, and it also includes women. The scheme covers 22.5% reservation for SC/ ST and 27% for OBC. In case SC/ ST and Other Backward Classes are not available to apply under the PMRY scheme, states and union territories are allowed to consider other categories of applicants. If you are eligible for the plan, then you can also apply for the Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana online.
The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) is a lucrative scheme of the Central Government. It aims to provide sustainable self-employment opportunities to 10 lakh unemployed and educated youth.
The selected candidates under the PMRY will be called for training after which certificates will be awarded. The certificates will need to be produced at the bank to get the loan sanctioned loan amount.
For the industrial sector, the ceiling on the training is Rs. 1,000 per case. There is a stipend of Rs. 500 per case. Funds of contingency will be applicable at Rs. 250 per case. It is sanctioned to the states and union territories.
The scheme of the Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) was launched by the Central Government to offer sustainable self-employment prospects. It is given to 10 lakh educated and unemployed youth and women in India.
If you want to start your own enterprise in India, then you can offer financial assistance. It is offered in manufacturing, trade, and service sectors.
For the funds availed under the Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana in India, you are required to make repayments in EMIs. The repayment schedule of the PMRY ranges 3 years to 7 years. It starts after the initial moratorium period in the plan is over.
The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) is one of the lucrative schemes of the Central Government of India. It offers sustainable self-employment opportunities to 10 lakh educated and unemployed youth and women in India.
The PMRY comes with many benefits such as:
- The project cost for the business sector is Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2 lakh for other sectors.
- The subsidy is limited to 15% of the project cost (it is up to the ceiling of Rs. 7,500).
- You don’t need to provide any collateral for projects up to Rs. 1 lakh.
- For partnership projects, an exemption of up to Rs. 1 lakh per individual taking part in the project.
- The repayment tenor under the PMRY is 3-7 years and that also after the end of the moratorium period.
- The training expenses are within Rs. 2,000 per case.
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana or PMRPY Scheme has been started to incentivising employers to generate new employment, where Government of India will be paying the employers’ Employee Pension Scheme share of 8.33 percent, for new employees for the first three years of their job. In order to avail this scheme, the employees must be registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, EPFO. This scheme has been started in August 2016. It targets workers who earn wages of less than Rs. 15,000 on a monthly basis. These workers have access to social security benefits of the organized sector.