The e-Aadhaar is equivalent to your original Aadhaar card. It is digitally signed by UIDAI and therefore, is a valid proof of identity and address as per the Aadhaar Act. According to Section 4(3) of the Aadhaar Act, 2016, “An Aadhaar number, in physical or electronic form subject to authentication and other conditions, as may be specified by regulations, may be accepted as proof of identity of the Aadhaar number holder for any purpose.”
Why does e-Aadhaar work as proof of your identity?
Your e-Aadhaar is a valid ID and address proof because it has the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your photograph
- Your 12-digit unique Aadhaar number
Most importantly, it contains the UIDAI’s digital signature, which gives it legal recognition.
Additional Read: How to get Aadhaar card online
Benefits of an e-Aadhaar card
- As the e-Aadhaar is an electronic copy of your original Aadhaar card, you can access it at any time without the fear of losing or misplacing it
- It is digitally certified and considered as a valid proof of identity and address
- In most places, having the e-Aadhaar card reduces the need to fill out KYC forms
- The e-Aadhaar card acts as both a proof of identity and a proof of address, which reduces the need of having to submit separate proofs for each
Now that you know these details regarding your e-Aadhaar card, it’s time to download it here.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply