The term ‘superfoods’ is used for those potent foods that are packed with high levels of desirable nutrients which protect you from certain infections by strengthening your immune system. Exercising, getting enough sleep, limiting alcohol, relinquishing stress and smoking can all help keep diseases at bay, but the most essential part to improve the overall health is to have nutritionally-rich foods. Following is the list of immunity supporting foods, incorporate them in your daily diet for staying at the peak of your health.
Food that helps increasing your immunity
- Citrus fruits: They are the richest sources of Vitamin C as well as Vitamin which is very essential for boosting your immune system. Since the body doesn’t produce or store vitamin C, daily intake of the same is required. Oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruits have high content of vitamin C.
- Broccoli: Rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber and thus making broccoli one of the healthiest vegetables. They are the richest sources of Vitamin C as well as Vitamin which is very essential for boosting your immune system. Since the body doesn’t produce or store vitamin C, daily intake of the same is required. Oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruits have high content of vitamin C.
- Garlic: It has been known for its infection fighting properties since ages. Garlic also helps slowing down the hardening of arteries.
- Ginger: It has medicinal properties that help reduce inflammation and chronic pain. Add it in your meals and teas.
- Gooseberry/amla: It Is enriched with micronutrients and antioxidants that plays a vital role in strengthening your immune system.
- Spinach: There is no mystery in spinach being loaded with nutrients that help build immunity. Prefer eating raw or slightly cooked to reap the maximum benefits.
- Sweet potato: A single sweet potato supplies you with 120% of vitamin A and 30% of Vitamin C of your daily recommended value, making it a superfood.
- Yogurt: It contains essential probiotics or the ‘good’ bacteria which help reduce the bad bacteria in the gut.
- Turmeric: It is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing effects. It is an anti-viral as well as immune booster.
- Green tea: Packed with antioxidants, green tea helps prevent cellular damage and is also called health-promoting beverage.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply