A private medical insurance is not enough for aged care. As we grow older, our needs change and so does our medical conditions. Senior citizen health insurance is an insurance policy specifically designed to cover the needs of people who are approaching their retirement age. Health insurance for senior citizens can be purchased by people above 60 years of age.
Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed exclusively to cover the expenses associated with the medical care of older people. The person getting insured needs to undergo a medical check-up before buying this policy. Like everything else, medical insurance for senior citizens can be bought online with a few clicks. It is recommended to research and compare different plans and their features before buying one. The premium costs on these plans are generally lower than usual health insurance policies.
1. Can cover pre-existing diseases after the first year of the policy. With few plans, it can be after the second or third year of the policy.
2. Keep the savings or pension money intact as the health insurance pays for the medical expenses.
3. Can be applied or renewed online with few easy steps.
4. Cashless facility is available to settle medical claims without paying cash.
5. Can cover pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
6. You can choose a sum assured of your choice.
7. Premium paid is exempted from tax.
8. Can avail a No Claim Bonus on renewing the policy after every claim-free year.
9. Can port the insurance policy to any other insurer of your choice.
10. Ambulance charges are included.
1. Pre-existing diseases are covered in the second year of the policy. In a few cases, it can be from the third or fourth year.
2. Non-allopathic medicines, cosmetic, aesthetic or related treatments are not covered.
3. Any disease contracted during the first 30 days of policy is not covered.
4. AIDS and related disorders are excluded.
5. Expenses related to self-inflicted injuries.
6. Any expenses due to the addiction to drugs, alcohol or any mental or psychiatric illness are not covered.
7. Few diseases such as hernia, piles, cataract, benign prostatic hypertrophy, etc. usually have a waiting period.
8. Joint replacement surgery (other than due to accidents) also have a waiting period.
9. Cosmetic surgery is not covered.
10. Injuries arising due to war are not covered.
Eligibility for Senior Citizen Health Insurance
Disclaimer - *Conditions apply. This product is offered under the Group Insurance scheme wherein Bajaj Finance Limited is the Master policyholder. The insurance coverage is provided by our partner Insurance Company. Bajaj Finance Limited does not underwrite the risk. IRDAI Corporate Agency Registration Number CA0101. The above mentioned benefits and premium amount are subject to various factors such as age of insured, lifestyle habits, health, etc (if applicable). BFL does NOT hold any responsibility for the issuance, quality, serviceability, maintenance and any claims post sale. This product provides insurance coverage. Purchase of this product is purely voluntary in nature. BFL does not compel any of its customers to mandatorily purchase any third party products.”
All you need to know about personal loan from Bajaj Finserv
Congratulations! You have a pre-approved personal loan/top-up offer.