As our parents grow older, their medical needs change and it becomes absolutely important for them to be medically insured. You can buy a special health insurance plan dedicated to the needs of parents as they approach retirement age.
Medical insurance for parents cover the pre-existing diseases as well as critical diseases for your parents. The premium amount is usually lower than the private health insurance plans for individuals. Furthermore, the premium paid is tax exempt, up to a certain limit.
The entry point for such health insurance plans for parents is usually 60 years and above. Like everything else, you can buy the best health insurance for your parents online. All you have to do is go online and compare the best health insurance plans for parents in India. Shortlist the ones that suit your parents’ medical needs.
1. Pre-existing diseases are covered in the second year of the policy. In a few cases, it can be from the third or fourth year.
2. Non-allopathic medicines, cosmetic, aesthetic or related treatments are not covered.
3. Any disease contracted during the first 30 days of policy is not covered.
4. AIDS and related disorders are excluded.
5. Expenses related to self-inflicted injuries.
6. Any expenses due to the addiction to drugs, alcohol or any mental or psychiatric illness are not covered.
7. Few diseases such as hernia, piles, cataract, benign prostatic hypertrophy, etc. usually have a waiting period.
8. Joint replacement surgery (other than due to accidents) also have a waiting period.
9. Cosmetic surgery is not covered.
10. Injuries arising due to war are not covered.
1. Insured person should be above 60 years of age. In a few cases, the upper limit is 80 years.
2. Should have done a complete medical check-up before applying for the policy.
The assured way to make your savings growAPPLY NOW
Protection for your home and its belongingsAPPLY NOW
The smart way to generate wealth via diversified investmentsAPPLY NOW
Protection against expenses arising due to medical emergenciesAPPLY NOW