Many families struggle financially to afford higher education or save for their daughters' weddings. The Ladli Laxmi Yojana, launched in 2007 by the Madhya Pradesh government to offer financial aid for daughters' education and marriage. The funds can be used by the girls for further studies or weddings, contributing to women's empowerment in the state.
What is Ladli Laxmi Yojana?
The Ladli Lakshmi Yojana has been implemented in Madhya Pradesh to promote the welfare of girls and improve their health, education, and prospects at the same time encouraging positive attitudes towards the birth of a girl child and improving the child sex ratio.
Advantages of the Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- The government issues an assurance certificate of Rs. 1,43,000 in the girl child's name.
- Starting from registration, Rs. 6,000 is deposited annually for 5 years in the Ladli Laxmi Yojana account.
- Additional amounts are granted upon admission to various classes: Rs. 2,000 in 6th class, Rs. 4,000 in 9th class, Rs. 6,000 in 11th and 12th class respectively.
- An incentive of Rs. 25,000 is given in two equal instalments during the first and last year of a college or any other professional course of minimum 2 years.
- Upon turning 21, the girl receives the remaining amount of Rs. 1 lakh.
Eligibility for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- The girl child must be born on or after January 1, 2006.
- The girl should be registered at the local Anganwadi center.
- Parents must be residents of Madhya Pradesh and non-income tax payers.
- Family planning should be adopted after the birth of the second child.
- Benefits for the first girl child are provided without family planning, but it is necessary for the parents to adopt family planning for the second girl child to receive benefits.
- In a family with a maximum of 2 children and where either the mother or father has passed away, parent can register until the girl child is 5 years old. However, if a person remarries and already has 2 children, the daughter from the second marriage won't benefit from the scheme.
- If 3 girls are born together in the first delivery, all three will receive the scheme’s benefit.
Application process for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
1. Online application process
- Go to Ladli Laxmi Yojana’s official website and click "Apply for"
- Check the self-declaration and click "Proceed Further"
- Read and fill the form, then click "Save" to apply
- Attach scanned copies of mandatory documents with the form and click "Submit" to proceed to the next step in the selection process
2. Offline application process
- Obtain the Ladli Laxmi Yojana form from Anganwadi centers, gram panchayat, or municipal corporation
- Fill out the form and submit it along with required documents to the Lok Seva Kendra officer
- The application undergoes processing, and if approved, monetary benefits are directly transferred to the applicant's bank account
Documents required for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Samagra ID of girl child
- Girl child’s family ID
- Photo of the girl child with mother or father
- Family planning certificate (in case of a second girl child)
Who cannot avail the benefits of the scheme?
- Girl child who has dropped out of school
- Girl child who has married before reaching the age of 18
- Parents who haven't adopted family planning measures after the birth of their second child
Ladli Laxmi Yojana is an essential program offering financial help for girls' education and weddings, promoting women's well-being. With a focus health, and education, the scheme provides valuable benefits, making it easy for eligible families to access support and create a better future for their girls.