How to Buy Shares?
The process of buying shares online is simple and hassle-free. Online discount brokers have driven orders of new investors to join the stock market. Buying and selling shares online has emerged as an attractive form of investment in the recent past. The conventional way of growing your savings such as Fixed Deposits, does not provide lucrative returns these days due to growing inflation. Investors today, look for more promising forms of investment which can give them a good return on their investment. The stock market has lived up to this reputation gaining more popularity among retail investors.
Procedure to Buy Shares Online
1. Getting a PAN Card
A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is mandatory to buy shares online. It is a unique, 10-digit alpha-numeric number that is provided by the Government of India. PAN Card is needed for availing of financial services in India.
2. Open a Demat Account
Opening a Demat Account is the next important step to buy shares online. A Demat account is required to store your shares online. Previously, shares existed in a paper- format which had its share of risk in terms of physical loss of the document.
3. Open a Trading Account
You cannot place orders to buy/ sell shares in the stock market without a trading account and it is mandatory to create one for buying and selling shares.
4. Register with a Broker/ Brokerage Platform
A broker/ brokerage platform is authorized by SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) to facilitate the buying and selling of shares. You can open a Demat and Trading A/C with the help of a broker/ brokerage firm to buy shares online. Open a Demat and Trading Account with us in just a few steps.
5. You will also need a bank account
Along with a Demat and Trading Account, you will require a bank account to buy shares online in India. It is mandatory to link your bank account with the trading account. All the shares will be bought and sold from your trading account however, the amount required to buy the shares online will be -transferred to your trading account through your bank account.
If you have adhered to all the steps above, you will be equipped with all the requirements to buy shares online. The next step will be to login into your Demat and Trading account with your broker/ brokerage platform and buy the share of your choice.
Additional Read: How to open a Demat Account
Things to Keep in Mind Before Investing
- Find the right broker/ brokerage platform: It is critical to find the right broking partner as there are brokerage fees involved in every trade that you participate in. Bajaj Financial Securities Limited understands the customer needs and has one of the lowest brokerage fees in the market. It also provides you with various investment instruments to choose from. You can invest in equities, derivatives, etc. Start your investment journey now.
- Define your goals: Every individual investor should define their goals before they start investing. The goal can be targeting a specific stock-price- within a timeframe. It is important to invest with an objective rather than randomly buying and selling shares. This will ensure a more disciplined approach to your investments.
- Adequate Research: There is no alternative to research, and you should research thoroughly before investing in any stock. It is important to know company details, history, and past performance of the stock. Dive a little deep to understand the sentiment surrounding that stock before you invest.
- Manage your risks wisely: Risk management is a key attribute in the equity market and volatile price movements can unsettle you. Thus, it is very important to manage your financial risks wisely. With online brokerage platforms, you get the feature to put a stop-loss order which will restrict your losses in case of major price fluctuations. Use features like Alerts and the Latest News on the BFSL trade app to stay on top of your investments. Download the app now.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply