The unique identification authority of India (UIDAI) launched the mAadhaar application in July 2017. You can now carry your Aadhaar data with you on your smartphone without the fear of damaging or losing your Aadhaar card. Furthermore, you can use this app to complete the identity check for several procedures, including an ID check during flight or train travel. The mAadhaar app simplifies the act of carrying multiple ID and address proofs in your wallet. As this app is password-protected, it also keeps your information secure.
Seven things you need to know about the mAadhaar app
1. You have to register your mobile
To access mAadhaar on your mobile, you must register or link your mobile number with your Aadhaar. You can operate the app only if it is associated with the same number as your registered mobile SIM.
2. You can use it only on Android devices as of now
The mAadhaar app is available for download only on devices supporting Android 5.0 and above. However, you can expect the iOS version of the app soon.
3. You can log in with secure OTP and TOTP authentication
This app auto-reads the OTP (one-time password) as manual OTP entry is barred for security purposes. There is also a time-based OTP feature that can be used as an alternative to the OTP.
4. You can add up to three Aadhaar cards on one device
You can add up to three Aadhaar cards on one mobile device; however, an Aadhaar can be active only on one device at a time for security features. Besides, as far as the mobile number policy is concerned, you will be able to add three Aadhaar cards only if you have registered them under the contact number of your mobile SIM.
5. You can lock or unlock your biometric data
You can choose to lock your biometric data for security purposes. It becomes inaccessible until you unlock the same. You can do so safely and easily with the help of mAadhaar.
Additional Read: How to prevent misuse of your aadhaar card
6. You can use it to complete eKYC procedures
Now making an application for opening bank accounts can be done online. To complete an eKYC for the same, you can use the mAadhaar. Sharing the password-protected eKYC data or QR code helps you easily share your personal information and hasten the account opening process.
7. You can download the mAadhaar app
Among the different benefits of mAadhaar, one notable advantage is that you can share your data with third-party applications using this app. Data sharing can happen with the help of QR codes, NFC, barcodes, and even emails. Moreover, the app shares a time-based one-time password (TOTP) for security purposes instead of OTP.
To download this handy app, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Visit the google play store
- Step 2: Type mAadhaar in the search bar and download
- Step 3: To make sure you are downloading the right app, check to see if the developer’s name is ‘unique identification authority of India’
- Step 4: Once you open the app, it displays the terms and conditions and usage guidelines. Please go through them carefully before continuing further
- Step 5: Create a password to keep your account secured
- Step 6: Create your profile by entering your Aadhaar card number. Click on “Next”
- Step 7: You will be sent a TOTP, which will be fetched from the device automatically
- Step 8: Enter the password created in the previous step
You will now be able to see your Aadhaar card details in the app. So, downloading it and accessing your data through it is easy.
Additional Read: How to get aadhaar card online
While you can add to your convenience with the mAadhaar app, downloading it also means that you have confidential information on your mobile phone. So, when you lose your phone, ensure that your block your SIM immediately to prevent misuse of your data.
While care is taken to update the information, products, and services included in or available on our website and related platforms/websites, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies or typographical errors or delays in updating the information. The material contained in this site, and on associated web pages, is for reference and general information purpose and the details mentioned in the respective product/service document shall prevail in case of any inconsistency. Subscribers and users should seek professional advice before acting on the basis of the information contained herein. Please take an informed decision with respect to any product or service after going through the relevant product/service document and applicable terms and conditions. In case any inconsistencies observed, please click on reach us.
*Terms and conditions apply