Identity theft is rampant in today’s ‘Digital Age’. An identity theft can leave you with large debts accrued in your name, or a scarred credit score. Resolving these financial errors could take months, and sometimes years.
With Identity Theft Insurance, you can protect yourself from financial or legal expenses incurred, and get coverage for lost wages, legal expenses, obligation to pay or any other miscellaneous expenses incurred due to identity theft, with Identity Theft Cover from Bajaj Finserv.
Get coverage up to Rs. 1,50,000 for just Rs. 299 per annum
In case of identity theft, you can insure yourself against all the legal and financial expenses incurred, when resolving your identity theft. You can cover these expenses:
• Legal expenses
• Lost wages
• Obligation to pay
• Miscellaneous expenses
You can pay your premiums easily via multiple options, such as online account transfers, UPI, Mobile Wallets, Credit or Debit.
With an Identity Theft Cover by Bajaj Finserv, you can get insured for financial losses incurred due to identity theft. Here’s a detailed lowdown on the different expenses covered:
Get reimbursement of attorney and court fees incurred by you for:
• Defending any suit brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or someone acting on their behalf, as a result of the identity theft
• Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the identity theft
• Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in your consumer credit report, only if this information is inaccurate and falsely provided to the credit agency or financial institution as a result of identity theft.
Reimbursement for time taken from work, to correct financial records that have been altered due to identity theft. Get payment for whole or partially unpaid workdays, but make sure you take these leaves within 12 months of making a claim.
Get coverage for actual losses from unauthorised transactions, if any credit or bank accounts were opened in your name without authorization. We will pay for your legal obligation to pay a creditor, when the account was created as a part of your identity theft.
Get reimbursement for the following expenses:
• The cost of re-filing applications for credit accounts or banking accounts that are rejected solely because the lender received incorrect information due to identity theft
• The cost of notarizing documents related to your identity theft, long distance telephone calls, and certified mail, reasonably incurred because of your efforts to report an identity theft or to correct your financial and credit records that have been altered because of your identity theft
• The cost of contesting the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in your credit history because of your identity theft
• The cost of a maximum of 4 (four) credit reports from an entity approved by us. The credit reports shall be requested when you make a claim.
Here are the exceptions to the policy, which are not covered under Identity Theft Cover by Bajaj Finserv:
Any physical injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, mental anguish and mental injury including required care, loss of services or death
Requesting credit reports before the discovery of your identity theft
Taking time from self-employment or workdays that will be paid by your employer in order to correct your financial records that have been altered due to identity theft.
Losses due to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war has been declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, uprising, military or usurped power, martial law, riot or the act of any lawfully constituted authority
For the full list of Identity theft insurance policy exclusions, please download the policy brochure here.
Planning to apply for Identity Theft Cover? It is easy. All you have to do is log on to the website, fill out the identity theft cover online application form, make online payment to pay premium and you are done.
Identity theft insurance policy provides you a simple & fast claim process. To lodge a claim, you can contact us through one of these ways:
• E-mail – email@example.com
• Toll free number - 1800119966
All you need to know about personal loan from Bajaj Finserv