To know more, you can also get in touch with us on 0921 154 9999.


Your home is your most valuable possession, but do you do enough to protect it? You could lose your life’s savings in case of a fire or natural calamity. Even your valuable items in case of a burglary. What is your next step? Home insurance provide protection to both structure and the valuable contents of your home.

A comprehensive policy can provide following covers:

  • Any losses due to fire, floods, earthquake and other natural or man-made calamities
  • Loss of valuable contents of home in case of a burglary
  • Cover for jewellery, valuables, works of art
  • Additional benefit of rent for alternate accommodation or temporary resettlement
  • Add-on benefits like keys and lock replacement, liability cover, loss of rent etc.

Features and Benefits

  • Comprehensive coverage related to your home under one umbrella policy
  • Option to insure either the flat/apartment/building only, or contents only, or both
  • Several home insurance plan types with various coverage options for you to choose from
  • Secure your home for a period of up to 5 years at once
  • Customize your policy with a range of add-on benefits
    • Loss of rent
    • Temporary resettlement
    • Keys and locks replacement
    • ATM withdrawal robbery cover
    • Lost wallet cover
    • Pet insurance
    • Affordable premium and attractive rebates

How to Apply

You’ll be surprised to know how easy it is to get a Home Insurance policy with Bajaj Finserv even if you’ve never used our services before. Just fill in your details on this page, or give us a missed call on 09211 549 999 and we will get in touch with you and take you through the process.



Q1. Why do I need home insurance?

A. You have always cherished to make your dream house. Saved every penny, worked hard, and planned harder - all towards a dream of a perfect abode to gift yourself and your family. To secure your dream, you need to secure your home and its content with insurance against fire, external conditions, robbery, etc. To protect your house against risks against unforeseen disasters you need home insurance.

Q2. What does Home Insurance Policy covers?

A. The policy covers losses to building due to natural calamity or manmade events like fire, storm, cyclone, typhoon, lightning, subsidence and landslides, flood and inundation, earthquake, riot, strike, malicious and terrorism damage (optional cover), explosion/implosion, etc. The policy covers your home building contents, appliances, valuables against fire and allied perils including terrorism damage (optional cover), earthquake along with burglary, housebreaking, hold-up and breakdown of mechanical / electrical appliance.

Q3. What will be the start date of my insurance policy?

A. Your insurance cover starts from the commencement date indicated by you in the proposal form or receipt of the premium by us, whichever is later.

Q4. Is there an age limit on the property for it to be insured?

A. No there is no age limit to buy a home insurance policy.

Q5. What are the documents required to be submitted in case of a home burglary claim?

A. The original invoice has to be submitted, giving the value of the items stolen. In addition to this you also have to give the replacement cost/repair cost, FIR, Final police report and claim form.

Q6. What happens to the home insurance policy if the insured house is sold?

A. From the time the transfer of ownership becomes effective, the policy stands cancelled and the insured ceases to be an insured under the policy. We will then refund the premium for the balance of the insured period.

Q7. What is the difference between burglary, theft and larceny?

A. Burglary is when there is forceful entry in the premises in order to rob. Theft is when there is a robbery without any evidence of forceful entry in the premises. Larceny is when a known person on the premises has robbed or stolen the insured’s belongings.

Q8. When is an FIR necessary in a Home Insurance claim?

A. A police FIR is mandatory in the case of:
Malicious Damage
Riot and Strike

Q9. How do we value the property under home insurance?

A. Property valuation is done by multiplying the built up area of the property with the cost of construction per square feet.