There are two basic forms of car insurance, namely Compulsory insurance policy and Comprehensive policy.
Compulsory insurance policy is third party insurance, covering you against legal liabilities arising out of any damage caused to any third party – physical harm, death, damage to third party property – while driving your vehicle.
Comprehensive policy typically provides third-party insurance and own-damages cover. Own damages, covers you against damages or theft caused to your car.
Below is a general exclusions list for situations where damages to your vehicle will not be covered -
• Damages caused when the policy is not in force
• Damages caused due to driving under the influence of any intoxicating substance
• If the driver was driving without a valid driving license
• Damages caused to engine due to oil leakage
• If any failure or breakage occurs due to not adhering to the car manufacturer's guidelines
• Any vehicle damage caused due to war, terrorist attacks, invasion, foreign enemy action, civil war, mutiny, rebellion, hostilities, and nuclearradiation/material/weapons
• Loss or damage arising out of deliberate accidents
• If the vehicle was being used for illegal activities
• Damages arising out of consequences of actions taken by the policyholder or a third-party which are not resulted by any uncertain event are not covered
• Any damages resulting out of contractual liabilities
• Delay in informing the insurer
Disclaimer - *Conditions apply. This product is offered under the Group Insurance scheme wherein Bajaj Finance Limited is the Master policyholder. The insurance coverage is provided by our partner Insurance Company. Bajaj Finance Limited does not underwrite the risk. IRDAI Corporate Agency Registration Number CA0101. The above mentioned benefits and premium amount are subject to various factors such as age of insured, lifestyle habits, health, etc (if applicable). BFL does NOT hold any responsibility for the issuance, quality, serviceability, maintenance and any claims post sale. This product provides insurance coverage. Purchase of this product is purely voluntary in nature. BFL does not compel any of its customers to mandatorily purchase any third party products.
All you need to know about personal loan from Bajaj Finserv
Did you know, a good CIBIL score can help you get a better deal on loans and credit cards?