Dr Gita Piramal
Dr. Gita Piramal (born September 4, 1954) is an Entrepreneur and Businesswoman, author and journalist, with a PhD. in business history from Bombay University.
For two decades, she contributed to several Piramal family companies in India in various positions. She launched a publishing company and a real estate company. In 2012, she retired and gave up board responsibilities and management roles.
CURRENT ENGAGEMENT (2013 - )
Academic Research at University of Oxford
WRITING & RESEARCH
- Books: All in top 10 best seller lists on launch - Business Maharajas, Business Legends, Managing Radical Change, World Class in India, India's Industrialists and Business Mantras. Edited Sumantra Ghoshal on Management with Julian Birkinshaw. Chapters in 8 books.
- Cases: Five Indian case studies in European Case Clearing House (ECCH). Conducted case writing workshops for leading Indian business schools.
- Print: Commissioned and edited over 1,000 articles for The Smart Manager. Over 500 articles for International and Indian publications. Between 1988and 1992, Gita and Christina Lamb the only two women journalists in the field at the UK's Financial Times.
- Television: Conceptualized and created content for three best-selling, award-winning programs for CNBC-TV18 ('Trial by Fire', 'Business Legends', 'Lessons in Excellence'). Scripted, edited, and featured or anchored over 100 television documentaries.
- Non-profit: Centre for Policy Research (2014-2016) Member, Governing Board
Trade & Industry Associations:
Catalyst, UK Trade & Industry (2011 - )
Member Assocham (2010-2012)
Patron Member CII (2007-2012), Member, National Committee on Design
Educational Institutes: London Business School, (2012- )
Member Global Advisory Board H R College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai (2004-2012)
Member Advisory Council Piramal Education Trust, Rajasthan (1994-2005)
Trustee Academy of Human Resources Management, Ahmedabad (2004-2012)
Member, Board of Directors Hindi Vidya Bhavan School, Mumbai, (1994-1997 & 1999-2012)
Member of the Governing Board
Others: World Presidents' Organization (2004 - )
Young Presidents' Organization (2001-2004)
Bajaj Finance Ltd.
Bajaj Holdings & Investment Ltd.
Piramal Properties Pvt. Ltd.
Trimode Properties Pvt. Ltd.
Prism Management Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.